Confused about "cruise with confidence"

Treacher1

We have a back to back on Edge scheduled for March - hoping it will sail.  However, if it is the first sailing since the pandemic started, not sure if I feel safe enough to go -prefer to wait till next year.  My final payment is due December 7 - if WE decide to cancel can we get our total deposit back?  Or is that just lost?  I would hate to pay the full amount for the back to back - then if Celebrity cancels - it will take a long time to get funds and it is a large amount.  Maybe all will be fine - just checking if we would get the full deposit or if that would be lost if we cancel on our own?  Thank you for clarifying.

Did you make a refundable or non-refundable deposit? That makes a big difference in the response to your question. If it was a refundable deposit and you cancel prior to the final payment date, your refund will be issued to the original form of payment.

If you made a non-refundable deposit, the full deposit amount will be returned (without penalty) in the form of an FCC to be used on any sailing through May 4, 2022.

Rather than cancelling, you might want to consider doing a Lift and Shift to 2022 to retain your current pricing and perks.

• Like 1

If you cancel prior to final payment, your deposits would turn into Future Cruise Credit (FCC).  Under cruise with confidence, you can cancel up to 48 hours prior to the cruise, but payment in full would be turned into FCC -- No cash refund unless Celebrity cancels your cruise.  🍷

By December you/we will have a much better idea on what the cruise experience should be like come March.

If you booked with the refundable deposit option you will get  a full refund.

I suggest that you wait awhile yet (like we are all doing) before pulling the plug on your cruise.

I believe the policy is still that if YOU cancel before final payment, and have a refundable deposit, you will be refunded your entire deposit. If it is non-refundable,  Fouremco has addressed that.  We cancelled a July cruise just a couple of days prior to final payment and were fully refunded.

2 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

If you cancel prior to final payment, your deposits would turn into Future Cruise Credit (FCC).  Under cruise with confidence, you can cancel up to 48 hours prior to the cruise, but payment in full would be turned into FCC -- No cash refund unless Celebrity cancels your cruise.  🍷

Only in the case of non-refundable deposits.

OP, here is a screen shot of the applicable policy:

1253023544_ScreenShot2020-10-01at4_15_57PM.thumb.png.85afdab6eecab4e1dd4a21dcf241dc38.png

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:
1 hour ago, Wine-O said:

If you cancelled before final payment with a fully refundable deposit, obviously you would get refunded your deposit.    🍷

Exactly.

Thanks all....knew I'd get a quick straight answer if I came here......just left a message for my X rep...can't trust that a vaccine will be available by March (final payment date), so opting to cancel my June European cruise.  Can't L&S - no EU cruises scheduled probably until Feb/March.  Have a refundable deposit and didn't want an FCC.  Too many unanswerable questions.......vaccine, increased Covid numbers, election result which could impact important transportation decisions and we're not satisfied the CDC will/can make the safest decision to sail.  Even then, ports may be closed.  Time to bail.

Edited by AtSeaSoon
  • Like 3