Carnival to provide a business update...

BlerkOne

Thanks for sharing.  It's not until next Thursday, so I won't get too excited just yet.  It's a call for stock and bond analysts, and those can be drier than burnt toast.

Projected TL, DL:  We're losing a lot of money.  We hope to lose less this/next quarter.  We're running a few cruises in Europe.  We don't know when we'll start again in the rest of the world.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, CRocks said:

My sources have sent me a transcript of the update, it reads........"Yada, yada, yada!"

16 minutes ago, CRocks said:

My sources have sent me a transcript of the update, it reads........"Yada, yada, yada!"

Should have facts and not so much false prophesy.

On 10/2/2020 at 8:29 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

Projected TL, DL:  We're losing a lot of money.  We hope to lose less this/next quarter.  We're running a few cruises in Europe.  We don't know when we'll start again in the rest of the world.

The business update press release is now available at https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/carnival-corporation-plc-provides-business-update .

My mock summary of it above is actually pretty close to what they said.  They are surprisingly (IMHO) hopeful about cruising from the U.S. by the end of the year.  I'll quote the relevant portion of it:

The company is encouraged that the Centers for Disease Control's ("CDC") No Sail Order was extended by only one month to October 31, 2020, the same date as the industry's end of voluntary suspension of passenger operations. For many months, cruise lines have worked with experts worldwide to develop unprecedented public health protocols and are hopeful these measures will lead to a gradual, phased resumption of cruising by the end of the year. There is constant dialogue ongoing in the United States for a potential cruise restart and the company is hopeful that the industry is in a position to collaborate with the CDC and administration to resume cruising from the United States this year.

17 minutes ago, john91498 said:

Sadly, come the end of October, the cdc will probably extend it to the end of November. And then at the end of November, the cdc will extend to the end of December...etc, etc, etc...

Did I not read where the cruise industry in Florida has started a new group to handle the cruise industries protocols that excluded the CDC.

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Noteworthy is Carnival reported a less than expected loss. The doomsday prophets are likely disappointed.

. . . and the cheerleaders are uplifted with, hopefully, less cancelled cruisers asking for a refund and electing to keep their "gold" in Carnival's pockets.

Just now, glrounds said:

. . . and the cheerleaders are uplifted with, hopefully, less cancelled cruisers asking for a refund and electing to keep their "gold" in Carnival's pockets.

Offset by Carnival opening sales for Celebration!!!!!  Woohoo!

1 hour ago, john91498 said:

Sadly, come the end of October, the cdc will probably extend it to the end of November. And then at the end of November, the cdc will extend to the end of December...etc, etc, etc...

Or, if there is a change of administrations after Nov 3rd, and the new one "listens to the scientist" as they claim they will then the CDC will extend it out to February.

Edited by HaveWeMetYet

12 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Or, if there is a change of administrations after Nov 3rd, and the new one "listens to the scientist" as they claim they will then the CDC will extend it out to February.

Even if a new administration is elected on November 3, they don't take office til January 20. A decision could be made to start cruising back up well before then.

That doesn't mean the new administration won't have it shut back down after January, but I don't see that happening.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

The old administration listens to scientists, too. As long as the scientists ignore reality. Biden won't take office until late January and he will have more immediate issues to address.