Check your Amex offers - $150 off $500 NCL on mine

kimandtim

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. You just need to add the offer and then make payment of $500 or more.  The $150 statement credit will be on your account in 5-6 days usually.  I also get a "congratulations you just used your amex offer" email from them as soon as my payment posts (but not always)

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 5:25 AM, BamaCruiser39 said:

Not seeing this offer on any of my Amex cards, but I am seeing the "spend $500, get $125 back" offer on Celebrity cruises. Interesting.

Same for me. I'd assume that you've used that card with Celebrity before? I have and when I called Amex the rep told me if I made a purchase with Norwegian that the offer could appear in the coming weeks/months. Offers are updated often. Thoughts?

3 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

Same for me. I'd assume that you've used that card with Celebrity before? I have and when I called Amex the rep told me if I made a purchase with Norwegian that the offer could appear in the coming weeks/months. Offers are updated often. Thoughts?

That's not been my experience.  These are targeted/personalized offers.  If I don't get the offer, I won't get the offer for the entire period.  Next time, perhaps.

For what it is worth, I did not get the NCL deal this time around, but relatives did.  Yet I got the Celebrity one, and the same relatives got it too.

10 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

I wish that were the case.

My last 4 NCL cruises (one cancelled) have all been paid for with my Amex, including booking/paying for a group cruise through Amex travel.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2020 at 9:55 AM, joepeka said:

Interesting thing about this: I noticed the offer on all three of our Amex cards over the weekend and this morning, it's gone from all three. Anyone else notice this? Or is Amex just tired of us using this nice offer every time they make it available and took it away before we could use it?  😁

i had in both of my Amex Business and Amex Schwab. Went to use two payments and now gone from Amex Business. I did activate on Schwab and made payment on a cruise. 

2 hours ago, thepla said:

i had in both of my Amex Business and Amex Schwab. Went to use two payments and now gone from Amex Business. I did activate on Schwab and made payment on a cruise. 

Something we've noticed on this Amex offer in the past, if you have two or more cards with the offer available and use it on one card, it might disappear from one of the others (or all of them). It hasn't happened like that for us every time but it's probably 50/50 in our experience.

22 hours ago, joepeka said:

Something we've noticed on this Amex offer in the past, if you have two or more cards with the offer available and use it on one card, it might disappear from one of the others (or all of them). It hasn't happened like that for us every time but it's probably 50/50 in our experience.

I put $500 on an existing reservation for next November and received an immediate mail from Amex that I use an Amex Offer. $500 posted but no $150. 

21 minutes ago, thepla said:

I put $500 on an existing reservation for next November and received an immediate mail from Amex that I use an Amex Offer. $500 posted but no $150. 

It can take up to five days for the credit to be posted. This time of year (with Amex charge volume running high) it might take just a bit longer. Hang in there. 😉

4 hours ago, thepla said:

3 hours ago, joepeka said:

It can take up to five days for the credit to be posted. This time of year (with Amex charge volume running high) it might take just a bit longer. Hang in there. 😉

I got the same instant email and the credit posted two days later.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, thepla said:

I use the recent NCL/Celebrity offers to book future cruises. Both credits posted within a few business days.

16 hours ago, thepla said:

My credit did come back next day. I was not concerned, I posted because I thought someone asked if it only worked for new reservations. I wanted to let everyone know it worked for existing reservations...

Amex has been fruitful for me over years for cruising. I've used for Royal, NCL and best was Oceania where they had a $240 back through Amex Offers and $300 for any cabin so I received $550 back on one cruise.

Royal seems to be most difficulty with combinability, so can't use with TA promotion or even RCL promotions, but use Destination Family to get free Johnny Rocket and soda packages for kids. NCL I now book through their CAS program which works out better than cabin rebate.

• Like 1

On my Platinum Card (AMEX not the Delta Platinum) I got 15,000 points for spending $500 on NCL.  I put a partial deposit down for a future cruise and immediately had 15,000 extra points put in my AMEX account.  Depending on how I use those points, it could be worth between $150-$300.

14 hours ago, graphicguy said:

On my Platinum Card (AMEX not the Delta Platinum) I got 15,000 points for spending $500 on NCL.  I put a partial deposit down for a future cruise and immediately had 15,000 extra points put in my AMEX account.  Depending on how I use those points, it could be worth between $150-$300.

I also have Amex Schwab. If that was card that offered 15K points it could be converted to directly to 187.50. That would have been better for me than 150 on Amex Business. But still 150 bucks is better than nothing.

I finally got the offer last week on my Amex Platinum card for "Spend $500 , get 15k points".  I would have rather had the $150 credit vs 15k points, but I turned the 15k into $150 worth of xmas gift cards. 🙂

Prior to that, none of my other Amex cards (Gold, Hilton, Marriott, Blue Cash, Delta) had the offer.  None of my wife/kids cards had it either.  I'm the primary on all cards, and wife/kids are all AU's with their own card #'s, btw.

Once I saw the offer on my Platinum card, I had my wife and kids check their cards , and the "Spend $500, get $150 credit" was on all of their Platinum cards.  We added the offers to their cards right away, and I paid down two cruises I had in May and June 2021.

So keep checking if you hadn't seen the offer!!!  There's still 9 days left till it expires!

On 11/2/2020 at 7:42 PM, KyleClark said:

What is a "qualifying reservation"?  Can I use this to pay off my April Bermuda cruise I bought in August?

image.thumb.png.a467546f8a60dc99ca085bb51143dc61.png

I booked with a Travel Agent for a cruise late next year on the NCL Bliss.  I used my Plat AMEX.  I was sort of worried that I'd have to book directly with NCL.  No problem working with my TA.  The points showed up within 15 minutes after the TA booked the cruise.

The question is, if NCL cancels the cruise (Alaska), do I have to give the points back to AMEX?

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2020 at 10:01 AM, graphicguy said:

The question is, if NCL cancels the cruise (Alaska), do I have to give the points back to AMEX?

Well... my May Alaska cruise just got canceled...  so I'll see what happens to the points and credits in the next few weeks.

I also have a Scandinavian cruise booked for late June that I used the platinum cards on to get the credits.

41 minutes ago, tombec1 said:

Well... my May Alaska cruise just got canceled...  so I'll see what happens to the points and credits in the next few weeks.

I also have a Scandinavian cruise booked for late June that I used the platinum cards on to get the credits.

Wondering the same thing as my Alaska Cruise got cancelled.  I wonder if AMEX will want the points back?  Then again, I haven't seen the refund for the $500 deposit back in my account yet, either.