Now worried about our Early Jan 2021 cruise....

NavyCruiser

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I checked in for my January cruise today and noticed they don’t have arrival times. It’s possible there’s going to be a new process or they haven’t determined what the process is going to be yet.

My guess is they have an idea what they plan to do on embarkation day but haven’t finalized it and likely won’t finalize it until the CDC approves it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I checked in for my January cruise today and noticed they don’t have arrival times. It’s possible there’s going to be a new process or they haven’t determined what the process is going to be yet.

Same here. Just checked in for Jan. and I was wondering what was up. I always wait until midnight (eastern) to check in as soon as it becomes available to get an early Arrival Appt. time, but I guess I didn't need to this time. I figured it's because they're not sure what will happen yet. Technically, we have FTTF, but I don't know if they'll even be doing it. If I remember right, a few months ago some people were getting FTTF refunds for cruises this year (at the time, they hadn't been cancelled yet). I believe JH said they were temporarily stopping FTTF until they figured out how they were going to handle embarkation procedures. But eventually FTTF became available again. So far, ours is still there...we haven't been refunded for it, yet.

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

There is no option to print a boarding pass. Only luggage tags and general info. The boarding pass is grayed out.

We haven't paid in full yet, so can't view our boarding pass right now. It's not due for a couple weeks. We were just waiting till the last minute to see what happens.

If it sails, we'll probably go. The only thing that gives us pause is wondering how strict their mask policy will be (if it still exists by then). I'm not afraid to cruise, but wearing a mask on a cruise is not my idea of fun. We're sailing out of Port Canaveral, so as of right now they start up next month. We were on the very last Horizon cruise in March and we think it'd be kind of fun to say we were on one of the last, then one of the first.

4 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Same here. Just checked in for Jan. and I was wondering what was up. I always wait until midnight (eastern) to check in as soon as it becomes available to get an early Arrival Appt. time, but I guess I didn't need to this time. I figured it's because they're not sure what will happen yet. Technically, we have FTTF, but I don't know if they'll even be doing it. If I remember right, a few months ago some people were getting FTTF refunds for cruises this year (at the time, they hadn't been cancelled yet). I believe JH said they were temporarily stopping FTTF until they figured out how they were going to handle embarkation procedures. But eventually FTTF became available again. So far, ours is still there...we haven't been refunded for it, yet.

We haven't paid in full yet, so can't view our boarding pass right now. It's not due for a couple weeks. We were just waiting till the last minute to see what happens.

If it sails, we'll probably go. The only thing that gives us pause is wondering how strict their mask policy will be (if it still exists by then). I'm not afraid to cruise, but wearing a mask on a cruise is not my idea of fun. We're sailing out of Port Canaveral, so as of right now they start up next month. We were on the very last Horizon cruise in March and we think it'd be kind of fun to say we were on one of the last, then one of the first.

Mine is paid in full and no boarding pass.

1 minute ago, ugagal07 said:

I can see a boarding time on my boarding passes for November 21 on the Breeze.  I can print luggage tags, boarding passes for all 4 of us, and the other paperwork.  

snip boarding.PNG

And that was the case for my now canceled November and December cruises. I think the change came with cruises that just became available for check-in which are January cruises.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

And that was the case for my now canceled November and December cruises. I think the change came with cruises that just became available for check-in which are January cruises.

When I can check in for my Princess cruise in January, I'll advise if there is anything different there.

1 minute ago, xDisconnections said:

When I can check in for my Princess cruise in January, I'll advise if there is anything different there.

There won't be anything different for your Princess cruise in January. Princess has stated that they'll be back to normal cruising operations in January, therefore check-in won't be any different than the past.

5 minutes ago, Ryanryanryan said:

There won't be anything different for your Princess cruise in January. Princess has stated that they'll be back to normal cruising operations in January, therefore check-in won't be any different than the past.

LOL....good one.    🙂

45 minutes ago, Ryanryanryan said:

Well if cruising starts in USA it will probably adopt the procedures already being used in Europe by MSC & Costa. That means turning up exactly at time given, waiting to be called, given COVID test and waiting 30 minutes for results. If negative you get on wearing masks, of positive you get called out of line for further testing which gets sent to hospital lab and results in 2/3 hours. If negative you get on , if positive you leave.

Also you need to have a COVID test 3 days before.and submit.

• Like 2

On 10/2/2020 at 8:59 PM, NavyCruiser said:

After our May & Aug cruises were cancelled, thought when we rebooked during the summer that 2nd week of Jan 2021 would be far out enough, that'll there'll be a few months of cruising at end of this year to work out all the kinks of restarting.

Now that Carnival MAY restart cruising in Jan,  not sure our 2nd week of Jan is a good idea.

Final payment is coming up in 3 weeks.

We're in Houston, so sailing out of Galveston is great, with no airline flights to worry about.

Looking at pushing it back a few months, but prices are much higher now.

Got great pricing last year for 8th Deck balcony, but had to pay extra $ to downgrade to 7th deck interior in Jan.

Now prices are even higher Feb - May, & prices are doubled for balconies, as very small chance we'll be stuck 2 extra weeks onboard in an interior cabin.

If Carnival didn't already bait us with nice OBC....

With upticks going in Europe and now seeing the average age climbing as the young re-infect their older parents etc. and with flu season coming, I expect cruising to be way out, sadly.

Just called Carnival & it'll cost us 30% more to move our Jan sailing to cheapest cabin in the middle of hurricane season Sept.

Guess we'll just wait a few more weeks to see if there's a good promo comes up, otherwise may need to cancel...goodbye OBC...

• 6 months later...
On 10/3/2020 at 10:00 AM, Tiger0613 said:

<SNIP>

On my first cruise(6/15/02), I screamed like a little girl when stingrays brushed my leg.  I want to redeem myself in Grand Cayman.

Now that you know  that they are more  like a waterborne kitty than a mountain lion, you'll have a lot more fun interacting.  Enjoy the Hell out of it!  Drag people along to share the experience!