Now worried about our Early Jan 2021 cruise....

NavyCruiser

9 hours ago, Amadawn1 said:

The OBC will not be cash refunded to you.

Depends, if the OBC is from an overpayment ( like when you move a canceled cruise to another cruise-which is what happened to us), then you can get a refund.  You can carry over up to $500 OBC that way.  If the OBC is from promotional events, then no, it is gone.

baf

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

I predict many will give up cruising after this. The lines will need to reduce the number of passengers per sailing anyway, so guest attrition would be a way for this to happen without cancelling passengers outright. You won't get any OBC as cash, but hopefully you paid with a credit card and gift cards. If you paid with gift cards you'll be sailing Carnival at some point or forfeit your investment.

I have heard from countless people who know we cruise a lot who have said they will never go on another cruise again. We feel differently but I think the demand for cruising will decrease fairly significantly like you mentioned. Another consideration is if cruise prices increase in the future, that will also reduce the demand for cruising based on financial situations. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I have heard from countless people who know we cruise a lot who have said they will never go on another cruise again. We feel differently but I think the demand for cruising will decrease fairly significantly like you mentioned. Another consideration is if cruise prices increase in the future, that will also reduce the demand for cruising based on financial situations. 

Living near a port area in an area that sees a higher than normal amount of people with disposal income who loved to cruise, I’m also starting to see a change in travel patterns. Many people are no longer willing to cruise and will seek alternate options. After there is a safe return to cruising, I’d bet many will change their minds after a couple of years. With slightly higher prices, some demand may drop but this will provide an opportunity for the marketing teams to try and capture those dollars with reduced deposits and financing options.

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, bafinegan said:

Depends, if the OBC is from an overpayment ( like when you move a canceled cruise to another cruise-which is what happened to us), then you can get a refund.  You can carry over up to $500 OBC that way.  If the OBC is from promotional events, then no, it is gone.

baf

The OBC is what I paid for a cruise for July that was canceled, instead of a refund they persuaded me into having it as OBC for my Jan cruise, so we can pay for Cheers for us & soda package for the kids, excursion, etc. At the time it seemed like a good idea. Now I'm kicking myself bc I didn't choose it as a refund. 

55 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

You used OBC to pay for a cruise? I am completely lost with this one. Anybody?

If you have left over fcc it can be turned into obc... .which is different than regular obc. It's part of what he paid for his cruisefare.

• Like 1

We canceled our Feb 2021 cruise a month or so ago since we had the feeling that we would not be ready to cruise if the ships were sailing.  Still have Sept 2021 booked. Hopefully things will be going smooth by then.

16 hours ago, fyree39 said:

I have great doubt that our February cruise will happen. If it does, I could go, but DH will probably still be in a 150 mile travel restriction. He can ignore it, but would have to self-quarantine for two weeks once we got home. He doesn't want to take that much vacation time.

He mentioned me going by myself. I might, since we'd lose everything if we chose to stay home, but I'd still be nervous about people completely ignoring passenger health and safety requirements set by the cruise line.

Fyree, we also have a Feb 2021 cruise, out of Galveston.  I think it is going to cancel.  I will wait it out, hoping for a $600 OBC.  If that happens, I will apply the paid amount to another cruise we already have scheduled for the Panorama in 2022.  We have had so many cancelled already.  You won't lose everything if you stay home.  You can apply what has already been paid to a new booking or to another cruise you have already booked/paid a deposit for.

On 10/3/2020 at 8:31 PM, OklaGirl32 said:

I know. It's extremely frustrating. The woman I spoke to just swore up & down cruising would be back to normal in Sept. 🙄 

She is correct, but she meant Sept 2025... under new cruise line called Royal Norwegian Carnival...

16 hours ago, Moviela said:

You are not alone. Nobody has ever suffered like this.

I assume you are kidding. I can give countless examples, but being a big supporter of our military, I think I will go with saying POWs have suffered far worse than anything you have suffered because you can’t cruise right now. 

I support the military too. They have been a volunteer force for about half a century. They knew what they signed up for.

My comment was addressing the pandemic as a whole, and all the world wide human suffering. All of the victims of this virus are innocent and anyone who shames others for causing their own sickness is despicable. 

6 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Maybe staggered boarding by deck?

Could be...or could just be they haven’t decided how many hours they want to push back arrival times or how many people they want at each time with the new protocols.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I checked in for my January cruise today and noticed they don’t have arrival times. It’s possible there’s going to be a new process or they haven’t determined what the process is going to be yet.

Is there a boarding zone on your boarding pass?