Weather and Temperature

ariesknowbest

If you are asking about weather in UK then it can change daily at any time of the year and you can never guarantee good weather. Depending what you are used too to us it can be good and if you are lucky dry but not very warm or it could be cool and wet.

11 hours ago, ariesknowbest said:

Hi.....hubby and I are booked on the Oct 2021 roundtrip 14 day transatlantic cruise.  I am wondering what the weather is and the temperature .  should i bring a winter coat?  thanks. 

Bring an umbrella 😉

The weather is not predictable this far in advance, but on the eastbound and westbound crossings you will likely be sailing into and out of many small weather systems. The ship has a substantial reserve of speed to allow the Captain to route around major systems [tropical storms] or at least choose a favorable course through them.

A couple of weather related points from our 2017 round trip [M217B]

• On the last sea day before Southampton, it was warm, sunny with little wind over the deck - so opening the Boardwalk was announced. Just before the scheduled opening time, you could see a line of thunderstorms forming with no simple way to avoid it. When the rain arrived, I decided to head down to the Kings Court for lunch .
  • It was intermittently rainy in Southampton, and I was glad to have an umbrella on our ship's tour to Winchester [nice, but too short. We were back on board before the end of lunchtime]. I have some nice photos of double rainbows over Southampton taken mostly from the Observation deck below the bridge.
  • On the westbound leg, we encountered a tropical storm remnant, with 'force 11' winds. The captain put the wind on the bow, and sailing was smooth despite waves occasionally covering windows in the Golden Lion. The Terrace pool area was sheltered, and I sat reading at the bar for a while. I did see folks using the pool and hot tubs there. There were even some folks waking the promenade deck despite all the doors from deck 7 being secured.

As others have indicated, it is really hard to say this far in advance.  The North Atlantic is extremely variable.

But you can get a reasonable prediction a week or two in advance of your sailing date, which might be helpful to decide on packing requirements.  A very good weather website called ventusky.com gives current and forecast temperatures, sea state, winds, and weather conditions all around the world.  Here is a link for temperatures in the north atlantic:

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=43.3;-44.0;4&l=temperature-2m&t=20201004/2200

Move your cursor around to see temperatures in different areas of the ocean.  The buttons at the below left can cycle through weather, wind, waves, etc.