Age of Holland America Cruise Critic Members

JBCall

What is your age (physical or mental)?  

396 members have voted

1. 1. What is your age (physical or mental)?

• 19 and under
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • 70-79
    • 80 and up

My husband and myself, both in our late 50's, have cruised on other lines in the past but this is our first HAl cruise. We enjoy relaxing with a good book but we also enjoy all the other activities, day and night, on cruises. Please tell me that there are things going on during the day in addition to visiting the spa and the cooking demonstrations. We will be leaving on the Noordam March 15th which can't get here soon enough - especially with our area getting hit with 6-12" of snow this weekend!

. . . that I haven't found the destination to drastically alter the passenger mix on board. I could be wrong (what a shocker), but that's been my observation.

I would have said the same thing until my transatlantic cruise. It looked as if everyone over 60 had brought his own grandparents!

susana.

Everyone is so young! On another thread, people are concerned about not being invited to the Noordam naming and the other events on Noordam from Feb 17-22. Now I know why some of you have not been invited! You are too young! You are too young to have amassed 150 plus days with HAL. After you all retire, you will have time to sail the seven seas. But then you will be like the grandparent types noted on a previous posting. If we get to go in to see Noordam on the 22nd, I will look around to assess the average age of the attendees. I say "if we go," because we don't drive on snow or in heavy rain—we don't drive in poor weather because of our "advanced age." :)

The lovely thing about being over 60 is we are both retired after long careers and are NOW able to travel for longer cruises/ Our most recent cruise was the Pacific Rim cruise from October 5 thru December 7 -on the "Amsterdam" during our work years there were many years when our "vacation" was a bank convention or a library meeting/retreat. NOW we have the time to LEARN -HANDS on -China/Japan/Korea/Australia/Samoa/Singapore/Hong Kong and we always smile and say "Life is GOOD" -What an ADVENTURE!!!!!!!
And for those who might think that 64 days on a cruise ship is "too long"? It isn't!!!! Not at ALL! Anne

Heather, I agree. For a major cruiseline, the HAL CC boards are vastly underused. Look at the pathetic roll call threads.

The Noordam maiden voyage roll call thread is [B]HOT [/B]right now but we only have 3 regular posters for our roll call thread for 3/25/06.

Archived