Owed me money, now overpaying!!

Mackdogmolly

Back in June, over the course of two payments, I received all of the money owed to me for  airfare (ChoiceAir) and taxes and fees. They were in random amounts, but it all added up. I had opted for FCC for the cruise. Then, last month, I received an e-mail from someone in Customer Service that they were going to be reimbursing me for that same amount and I should see it on my card in two weeks. I emailed back that they had already done so in June and specified the dates and amounts. Just checked my statement on line and they have credited me the taxes and fees AGAIN. I plan to call them but guess that the rest of the credit is in process as well. Oy vey!!

Betsey

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Back in June, over the course of two payments, I received all of the money owed to me for  airfare (ChoiceAir) and taxes and fees. They were in random amounts, but it all added up. I had opted for FCC for the cruise. Then, last month, I received an e-mail from someone in Customer Service that they were going to be reimbursing me for that same amount and I should see it on my card in two weeks. I emailed back that they had already done so in June and specified the dates and amounts. Just checked my statement on line and they have credited me the taxes and fees AGAIN. I plan to call them but guess that the rest of the credit is in process as well. Oy vey!!

Betsey

Thats nearly 'Buy one get one free'. A step up from BOGOH.

Two months ago a friend of mine phoned Apple and bought one MacBook Air, an iMac and a set of AirPods.

They all arrived with 24 hours and after doing data transfers he realised the iMac wasn't working, he phoned Apple who accessed his iMac remotely  and confirmed it was faulty. They agreed an uplift of the faulty iMac and a replacement.

The next day a delivery driver turned up and duly accepted the faulty goods and delivered the replacements.

What did they deliver, two new iMac's a further Mac Book Air and another pair of AirPods.

Keep in mind, he owns a leading Customer Experience measurement business in Manchester, you can guess how much amusement this caused. He especially enjoyed letting Apple know what happened. 

• Haha 1

I did contact an Azamara rep and they are going to reverse the credit on my card. This after first telling me I had to go through my TA, who has been very unresponsive of late. And I did point out that that the correspondence had come from them directly and not from my TA. They DID thank me for my honesty 🙄

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Update: In October, they did charge my credit card for the mistaken credit, clearing the whole thing up. Then yesterday, I received my credit card statement for November and there appeared a $400 credit from Azamara that this time I can’t link to anything. What the heck?! This is truly getting silly.

2 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Update: In October, they did charge my credit card for the mistaken credit, clearing the whole thing up. Then yesterday, I received my credit card statement for November and there appeared a $400 credit from Azamara that this time I can’t link to anything. What the heck?! This is truly getting silly.

Just a thought........Did you at any time bid for an upgrade? Oceanview to balcony usually came out at $400 per stateroom.

5 minutes ago, john1970 said:

I take my hat off to you for your honesty. I just would refuse to waste time on this. If Azamara can't work their own back office and refund system then it isn't your fault.

Oh I know it’s not my fault and it is plenty irritating. I AM tempted to either leave it alone or let my TA sort it out this time.

Just keep it.  When they ask for it back, tell them that you will get back to them in a few months to repay the money.  After all, that is their schedule when they owe you money - they will get it to you eventually if not later.

DON

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Just keep it.  When they ask for it back, tell them that you will get back to them in a few months to repay the money.  After all, that is their schedule when they owe you money - they will get it to you eventually if not later.

DON

Brilliant!