Splendor transatlantic cancelled

MomC

???? Have you received notice that the cruise is cancelled or are you assuming it is cancelled because it is waitlisted? If it is the latter, the cruise may not have been cancelled but had only reached capacity. Don’t give up yet.🙂

Dave

We're on that TA....Just checked and it's waitlisted along with a bunch of other cruises throughout '21. Unless there is some sort of "official" notice thru your travel agent or Regent, lets not start a rumor. Where did your information on cancelation come from?

Someone posted on this board that their travel agent talked to RSSC directly.  I didn’t question the veracity of the post.  Maybe I should have.  I was hoping to go on this cruise but saw all the waitlisting and thought oh well.  I was hoping the Splendor might stay in the Caribbean longer if the TA was cancelled.  Don’t panic if you are scheduled on this cruise.  Cruise lines are reluctant to inform passengers of cancellation until other plans are in the works—or until CLIA and the CDC give the OK.

1 hour ago, MomC said:

Someone posted on this board that their travel agent talked to RSSC directly.  I didn’t question the veracity of the post.  Maybe I should have.  I was hoping to go on this cruise but saw all the waitlisting and thought oh well.  I was hoping the Splendor might stay in the Caribbean longer if the TA was cancelled.  Don’t panic if you are scheduled on this cruise.  Cruise lines are reluctant to inform passengers of cancellation until other plans are in the works—or until CLIA and the CDC give the OK.

Regent won't give out this info unless the employee leaking it wants to lose their job....and if they did, the TA won't share it unless they want to violate their contract. No client is worth that risk.

4 hours ago, MomC said:

Can you refer me to that post as I'd like to read it. Although most certainly I'm  not an expert, but I'd like to read that one for myself. Missed it somehow and would like to see it.

WHOA!  A big apology to all of you.  I misread the post and thought it said March transatlantic.  I just found it again and it was the NOVEMBER transatlantic.  If I knew how to delete this thread, I would.  Again, my apologies.

Here is the thread for the post and name of poster.

Cool Cruiser, All Cruises canceled through 30, November

November 2020 Splendor TransAtlantic (Barcelona to Miami) has been cancelled.

March 2021 Splendor TransAtlantic (Miami to Barcelona) is waitlisted

November 2021 Splendor TransAtlantic (Barcelona to Miami) is waitlisted

April 2022 Splendor TransAtlantic (Miami to Barcelona) has availability in most categories

Splendor is moored in Ravenna, northern Italy, at present.

Maybe this is the post that caused @MomC's confusion:

On 10/5/2020 at 4:10 PM, What A Market said:

I just received phone call from my amazing/awesome agent.

The November transatlantic on Splendor is officially cancelled.

Paperwork on its way to me.

1 hour ago, MomC said:

WHOA!  A big apology to all of you.  I misread the post and thought it said March transatlantic.  I just found it again and it was the NOVEMBER transatlantic.  If I knew how to delete this thread, I would.  Again, my apologies.

Here is the thread for the post and name of poster.

Cool Cruiser, All Cruises canceled through 30, November

Thanks, MomC....I appreciate the clarification!