No Sail Order Lifted?

DaisyUK

Hmm, I thought so, but I have just received a letter from RSSC UK telling me otherwise. I questioned it and received the reply

Thank you. Yes the “ centre for disease control”  CDC  had a no sail order which has now been lifted allowing cruise ships to sail again from the US

Prices and availability are correct at time of enquiry but may be subject to change

Regent Seven Seas Cruises Company Registration: 04083983  │ ABTA #Y3266

2nd  Floor | Mountbatten House | Grosvenor Square | Southampton SO15 2JU

6 minutes ago, DaisyUK said:

Hmm, I thought so, but I have just received a letter from RSSC UK telling me otherwise. I questioned it and received the reply

Thank you. Yes the “ centre for disease control”  CDC  had a no sail order which has now been lifted allowing cruise ships to sail again from the US

Prices and availability are correct at time of enquiry but may be subject to change

Regent Seven Seas Cruises Company Registration: 04083983  │ ABTA #Y3266

2nd  Floor | Mountbatten House | Grosvenor Square | Southampton SO15 2JU

Send them the notice on the CDC website and see what they say...lol.

Carnival cancelled their November sailings from Port Canaveral and Miami this morning, I've read.

Some may be more optimistic than others about the results of the Pence chat last week with the cruise lines? 

And I can't imagine the cruise lines wanting a superspreader event on any of their ships...they may indeed be thrilled to 'blame' the CDC for any delays?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaisyUK said:

......... or is this new news?

IMO more like confused news.

I am surprised that Regent UK is disseminating such incorrect information to its customers & prospective customers. 

Did they mean to say that "cruise ships will be allowed to sail again from the US when the CDC no sail order is lifted at some time in the future"?

I don't think that is what they meant Flossie. I wrote to our contact at Regent UK asking if there was any update expected in the near future relating to a Jan Caribbean sailing which we have booked. He wrote back to say that there was no update, but that the CDC has said that cruise may now start sailing again. I replied to ask for more detail, and he responded as above 'CDC  had a no sail order which has now been lifted allowing cruise ships to sail again from the US' (cut and pasted from his email). 

He is obviously mistaken.

• Thanks 1