Rome, scooter transportation to hotel and pier

h20cruzer

Would appreciate if someone has experience or could give me advise on how to make reservations with private transportations companies that

can accommodate my scooter. It does break down to 5 pieces. My daughter and I will each have one large suitcase and 1 carry on each plus 1 scooter.

I am an experienced cruiser but a first time scooter user.

Appreciate any information.

Norma

We used "rome in limo" for our tours and transport. I was using a travelscoot scooter then. I haven't used them since I became a full time w/c user. They provided a large vehicle. I contacted them prior to reserving and described my scooter (weight, length, width, height) and my disability. I highly recommend them.

We used RomeCabs, romecabs.com, and they were great.    We used them from the airport to our hotel, from the hotel to Civitavecchia, and from Civitavecchia back to the Rome airport.    You can choose a larger vehicle (see their website) if you think you need some extra room.   I would contact them and tell them what you need.

It's definitely peace of mind to have your ride waiting for you when you have accessibility equipment.  

I would use them again in a heartbeat.   

I have used both Stefano's RomeCabs and Rome in Limo with a manual wheelchair and both provide excellent service. They both have vans that should accommodate you. Just e-mail them your needs and they will figure out which vehicle would work for you. You can't go wrong with either company.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 11:28 PM, h20cruzer said:

Would appreciate if someone has experience or could give me advise on how to make reservations with private transportations companies that

can accommodate my scooter. It does break down to 5 pieces. My daughter and I will each have one large suitcase and 1 carry on each plus 1 scooter.

I am an experienced cruiser but a first time scooter user.

Appreciate any information.

Norma

First, get rid of the carry on bags.  At most, use a backpack and keep it light.  You should have no more than two bags to roll.....and that is what your daughter will do.  Make sure your daughter knows how to break down the scooter.  Next, if you use a private company, when you book them, make sure you give the all the info, and should include pictures.  You want no surprises.  You can also use taxi's since the scooter breaks down.  Just remember, communications is always the key, and learn to pack lighter, because it's not easy with a scooter to get around, and the less bags, the better.  I can't help you for specific area, but asking this question, with the type of scooter will give you better responses sometimes.  I tell you this, because you need to be used to giving lots of details to transportation, airlines, taxi's etc.