There goes December cruises

NameThatFunnel

I know I won't get many people to agree with me but this has turned into a major bonus for me. I hope others can jump soon and do what I did.

I was originally booked on the May 22 five night by myself in a Biggest Cheeky Corner Suite.

When it was canceled, I switched to the 7 night New Year's Voyage and added my daughter at no additional cost for the same cabin thanks to the 200% Future Cruise Credit.

I just called this morning and have now flipped that to 2 different cruises on Valiant Lady for a total of 20 nights.

I am taking a 6 day Caribbean Cruise in November 2021 with my daughter and in May 2022 I am on the 14 night Transatlantic from Miami to Barcelona. The Biggest Cheeky Corner was already unavailable (temporarily) so I grabbed the Gorgeous Suite with all of the Mega amenities! I did have to pay an additional $564 because I purchased the Voyage Protection.

It is still a wash because I had prepaid for my Miami hotel stay and got $700 credit this morning when I cancelled my December visit.

I am a fan of Virgin and this just makes me more of a believer.

My travel agent just phoned with the cancellation news for the December 2020 New Year's cruise - it's disappointing but better safe than sorry.  We'll look forward to future vacation plans when things can be more confidently booked.  

@Happygolucky62 - what a great outcome for you - way to turn lemons into lemonade!  Enjoy all of your upcoming holidays - they sound fabulous!!  

Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marci4tony said:

Would anyone be leery of booking late March?  I have two options, this being my first choice.

I have cruises booked every month from January to September.  I have no confidence the cruises in Jan. to March will sail.  So if you are flexible, go for it.  If your schedule is more rigid, the further out you book, the better.  

On 10/27/2020 at 4:56 PM, happygolucky62 said:

in May 2022 I am on the 14 night Transatlantic from Miami to Barcelona. The Biggest Cheeky Corner was already unavailable (temporarily) so I grabbed the Gorgeous Suite with all of the Mega amenities!

We've booked a gorgeous suite for that crossing too, sounds like we'll see you there!

• Like 2