The Daily for Saturday Oct 31, 2020

richwmn

today is Carve a Pumpkin Day, Halloween, and Increase Your Psychic Powers Day

Sweater, n.:

A garment worn by a child when its mother feels chilly.

Meal suggestion for today - Cauliflower & Broccoli Carbonara

Drink of the Day - Bourbon Pumpkin smash

Wine of the day - Warre Vintage Port vintage 2016

at sea English Channel
Volendam destination Marsaxlokk eta 10/31
She actually now shows a destination in Canada, but arriving 10/31 which is not realistic
Zaandam destination Vaast La Hogue

at sea Mediterranian
Zuiderdam destination Malto Opl Anchorage eta 10/31

Balboa Anchorage
Koningsdam

Caracas Bay
Nieuw Amsterdam

Katakolon Greece Anchorage
Noordam

Torquay GB
Nieuw Statendam
Westerdam

Willemstad
Eurodam
Oosterdam

1031World.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

It's my day to leave early so here's a preview of the Saturday lists:

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

California and Colorado Wildfires

gigianne’s DH nursing a broken tooth

Denise’s water heater and mess and cat shepard’s range

Sharon’s DGD and those in her school

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Cruising-along getting a long awaited refund

Front Line Health Care Workers

Teachers and school workers

Fall colors

Lindaler’s sister and BIL coming for a visit.

A great TA for Kazu

And election workers

Roy

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

A great mix of days themed around Hallowe’en.

That definition of a sweater is very true.

the meal suggestion sounds good.  I’m not sure if it will be on the table tonight.  If I can score some broccoli & cauliflower, it just might be.

I’ll pass on the drink of the day before I even see the recipe 😉 

In honour of carving pumpkins and wine (or course) 😉 :

348CFA06-3F67-412B-A6F6-33B8BE6E5D71.jpeg.6759c5cb666dc7f122461a329397ebdf.jpeg

a Happy Hallowe’en to all:

973BF778-DDE6-400D-8F63-1A5C8D613CB6.jpeg.3e653b09add8eb44ebb352cd3bb5e0d2.jpeg

9AF04BDF-C48F-4153-999F-0DCA1CFB1D61.thumb.jpeg.bbaf03fe0ff1a2fc66e67045cd6db87b.jpeg

Just a reminder:

4F1BE2D5-8DBA-4A0F-B153-72C9CBA0E776.jpeg.9399de0cdf321e497b69c798e438f4be.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list & for anyone who needs them.  And a tip of the hat to all those on the Celebratory list (except myself of course 😉 )

Have a great Saturday and Hallowe’en everyone.  Stay safe and please don’t forget your masks 😷 

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

image.gif.79ebec2db9761b07aa45166af037d2c7.gif
Good morning and as Paisley says 

HAPPY HALLOWEEN 🎃 

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GOOD  SATURDAY!

I DEFINITELY WILL PASS ON THE DRINK FOR THE DAY!

🌸🌺 HAVE A GREAT DAY RICH AND MANY THANKS AS ALWAYS!

🌺🌸 OMGOSH ROY! I DIDN'T NEED TO BE ON THE CARE LIST. I FEEL FUNNY. THE GOOD NEWS IS THEY GAVE US AN ESTIMATE SO WHEN OUR WATER HEATER WAS REPLACED THE COSTS WERE 1,700. INSTEAD OF 2,500.

🌺🌸JACQUI GLAD YOU ARE ON THE WESTERDAM FOR YOUR CRUISE! I AM HAPPY FOR YOU!

❤️❤️ TO BOTH MY SISTERS LOVE YOU HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND! AND JOY🌺To answer your question yesterday I did sketch the drawing of Paisley.

Denise🎃

Edited by DeeniEncinitas
Spelling
  • Like 16

1 minute ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

image.gif.79ebec2db9761b07aa45166af037d2c7.gif
Good morning and as Paisley says 

HAPPY HALLOWEEN 🎃 

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GOID SATURDAY!

I DEFINITELY WILL PASS ON THE DRINK FOR THE DAY!

🌸🌺 HAVE A GREAT DAY RICH AND MANY THANKS AS ALWAYS!

🌺🌸 OMGOSH ROY! I DIDN'T NEED TO BE ON THE CARE LIST. I FEEL FUNNY. THE GOOD NEWS IS THEY GAVE US AN ESTIMATE SO WHEN OUR WATER HEATER WAS REPLACED THE COSTS WERE 1,700. INSTEAD OF 2,500.

🌺🌸JACQUI GLAD TOU ARE ON THE WESTERDAM FOR YOUR CRUISE! I AM HAPPY FOR YOU!

❤️❤️ TO BOTH MY SISTERS LIVE YOU HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND! AND JOY🌺To answer your question yesterday I did sketch the drawing of Paisley.

Denise🎃

What the heck are you doing up at 5 A.M.?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cat shepard said:

What the heck are you doing up at 5 A.M.?

🙄 I am miserable!! My dermatologist 2 weeks ago put me on a compound mixture 

applied to my face for my pre cancer . I have a long history with basal and squamous. So the stuff now itches so bad from healing and I can’t sleep well. It is getting better. TELL ROY NOT TO ADD THIS TO THE CARE LIST! LOL😊

🌺🌺But the good thing is I got to talk with you👍

• Like 11

Good morning all. 

Happy Halloween.

Love the quote. 

I'll pass on the Drink of the Day, but I'll be happy with a glass or two of port.

Thanks for the chuckles @kazu.

Love the puppy in the pumpkin @DeeniEncinitas.

Praying for everyone.  Sending smiles to everyone on the lists.

Stay safe.

• Like 11

54 minutes ago, richwmn said:

today is Carve a Pumpkin Day, Halloween, and Increase Your Psychic Powers Day

Sweater, n.:

A garment worn by a child when its mother feels chilly.

Meal suggestion for today - Cauliflower & Broccoli Carbonara

Drink of the Day - Bourbon Pumpkin smash

Wine of the day - Warre Vintage Port vintage 2016

at sea English Channel
Volendam destination Marsaxlokk eta 10/31
She actually now shows a destination in Canada, but arriving 10/31 which is not realistic
Zaandam destination Vaast La Hogue

at sea Mediterranian
Zuiderdam destination Malto Opl Anchorage eta 10/31

Balboa Anchorage
Koningsdam

Caracas Bay
Nieuw Amsterdam

Katakolon Greece Anchorage
Noordam

Torquay GB
Nieuw Statendam
Westerdam

Willemstad
Eurodam
Oosterdam

1031World.png

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich & for covering for Roy, too. I have just one complaint - do not tell me it is increase my psychic powers day, and then NOT tell me how to do it. I need some help Dailyites! My Sisters! C’mon. And my West Coast Sister beats me on to the Daily. What is going on?

Love the quote! Jacqui, the meal does sound intriguing! I might try a sip of the drink, since I am a bourbon fan. But not too sure about how appealing it is. Anyone have any experience? 

Prayers for all who need our support. And I am NOT one if them just because I had to buy a new range. Roy is so caring, he puts me to shame.

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

Stay well everyone! Happy Halloween 👻!

Port lovers - take notice of this one!  Stellar reviews & ratings. Prices starting at $70.98, but we know how long a bottle will last! 

#14 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2018

Nearly half the Warre’s 2016 is made up of old, mixed vines from both Cavadinha and Retiro. In sections of these vineyards, as many as 30 to 40 different varieties are planted together, and at Retiro they are between 80 and 100 years old with a predominance of Touriga Franca, a variety that has typically prospered in the Rio Torto Valley, home to Quinta do Retiro. These vineyards produced tiny yields, just 630g/vine. The structure and complexity of the old vines was balanced with great acidity and freshness from the Cavadinha grapes and the superb floral aromatics from the two Touriga varieties harvested at Quinta da Telhada. Due to the very cool nights during the vintage, the grapes arrived at the Cavadinha lagar winery so cold in the mornings that, in effect, they had a ‘cold soak maceration’ before fermentation began, favouring excellent aromatic extraction. Harvesting finished at Cavadinha on October 10th, a couple of days before the weather broke. More perfect harvesting conditions could not have been hoped for.

WS98

Wine Spectator:  Gorgeous, with warm plum reduction and gently steeped raspberry, blackberry and boysenberry fruit flavors forming the core, all inlaid with warm ganache and smoldering tobacco accents. Very plush in feel, but has no lack of energy, as everything sails beautifully through the long finish. A late echo of anise completes the seduction. Best from 2035 through 2055.
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 16

23 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🙄 I am miserable!! My dermatologist 2 weeks ago put me on a compound mixture 

applied to my face for my pre cancer . I have a long history with basal and squamous. So the stuff now itches so bad from healing and I can’t sleep well. It is getting better. TELL ROY NOT TO ADD THIS TO THE CARE LIST! LOL😊

🌺🌺But the good thing is I got to talk with you👍

Deeni

pre-cancer is VERY serious. Exactly what belongs on the Care list instead of my range. I am putting you on my Care list, no matter what Roy decides to do. I have a great friend who is a red-headed, fair-skinned Italian, who fights the same battle you do.

Good grief. I am trying to think what might help me ignore itching. Would a glass of wine relax you enough to help you sleep? How about a shot of your favorite liquor? I am not a pill taker, but this might help. 

Love you!🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good morning dailyites.  Yea for carve a pumpkin.  No psychic powers here.

Will pass on the menu but may combine the items for a soup.  It's chilly here this morning.

I love the quote.  I think that was DD and me.  She now lives in NH and skis, while I'm in Florida.

Bourbon Pumpkin smash:

13 ingredients

Produce
  • 1/2 tbsp Ginger, ground
  • 1 Lemon, wedges
  • 8 oz Pumpkin puree
Condiments
  • 1/4 oz Lemon juice
  • 1 oz Pumpkin spice syrup
Baking & Spices
  • 1 Pinch Allspice, ground
  • 1/2 tbsp Brown sugar
  • 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon, ground
  • 1 cup Granulated sugar
  • 1/2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice

Drinks
  • 4 oz Soda water
Beer, Wine & Liquor
  • 2 oz Bourbon
Liquids
  • 1 cup Water

Prayers and congratulations where needed. 
    Social distance, stay safe, and wear your mask.
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Good morning dailyites.  Yea for carve a pumpkin.  No psychic powers here.

Will pass on the menu but may combine the items for a soup.  It's chilly here this morning.

I love the quote.  I think that was DD and me.  She now lives in NH and skis, while I'm in Florida.

Bourbon Pumpkin smash:

13 ingredients

Produce
  • 1/2 tbsp Ginger, ground
  • 1 Lemon, wedges
  • 8 oz Pumpkin puree
Condiments
  • 1/4 oz Lemon juice
  • 1 oz Pumpkin spice syrup
Baking & Spices
  • 1 Pinch Allspice, ground
  • 1/2 tbsp Brown sugar
  • 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon, ground
  • 1 cup Granulated sugar
  • 1/2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice

Drinks
  • 4 oz Soda water
Beer, Wine & Liquor
  • 2 oz Bourbon
Liquids
  • 1 cup Water

Prayers and congratulations where needed. 
    Social distance, stay safe, and wear your mask.

Wow, that is some recipe!

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Mickb said:

Westerdam is not in Torbay this morning.

Thank you for the local perspective.

While the map shows her to be out in the English Channel, her destination shows her returning to Torbay on 11/2. To this point I have been leaving ships location as the anchorage when they seem to be just off at sea performing maintenance before returning to the same anchorage.

• Like 8

Good morning dear folks, and a Happy Halloween.  It is a nice clear, cool day here and we will go out to deliver cake pops that I made yesterday.  We have never had trick-or-treaters but we take goodie bags to some neighborhood children and other friends’ children and grandchildren.

Thanks for all the happiness and sincere reality every day.

2238568B-8AE2-4F42-A332-F1A3BDAB2DD7.jpeg

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, TheKingD said:

Good morning dear folks, and a Happy Halloween.  It is a nice clear, cool day here and we will go out to deliver cake pops that I made yesterday.  We have never had trick-or-treaters but we take goodie bags to some neighborhood children and other friends’ children and grandchildren.

Thanks for all the happiness and sincere reality every day.

2238568B-8AE2-4F42-A332-F1A3BDAB2DD7.jpeg

How adorable. 

• Like 6

Good morning Rich. Happy Halloween! Thank you for a great Daily this morning. Your quote on the sweater.. my sweet husband is usually the one who wants my sweater around his shoulders.

Deeni, poor sweet girl! I feel so bad for you. I hope your face heals quickly. I saw your post and was wondering why you were up so early. You are in my prayers and I love you.

Ann.. I see a sweet dog walking with you, and a bottle of wine in your future🥰

Smoldering tobacco accents. Don't think a white wine would do that to me... Hope you like your new stove. Love and hugs to you sister.

Thank you Roy for the prayers and cheers list.

@TheKingD love your little ghost pops. What a cute idea! And @kazu the pumpkin wine bucket is a great idea. I made a watermelon wine bucket for one summer party, but the flies were all over it..

Thanks @summer slope for drink recipe, but not a pumpkin lover except for the soup.

image.jpeg.3a5a3779704c2fdfc14dfbc5ee0271f7.jpeg

I see peace, health and happiness in our future. It may take awhile so be patient.

Happy Halloween. Be safe. Love ya'll

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Happy Halloween to all, I hope wherever you are, you stay safe.  We no longer carve pumpkins, but do hand out treats to the costumed wonders who arrive at our door.  Tonight I'll have a tray of potato chips just outside the front door and will replenish as needed - the kids can just take a bag and go.  When both big boxes are gone, we'll turn off the lights.  If we don't have many kiddles, then guess what everyone's getting in their Christmas stocking this year?

I wouldn't mind today's menu suggestion, but DH doesn't care for broccoli, so I don't think it's a happening thing today.  I'm baking a small ham, and will add oven roasted potatoes and a salad to round out an early dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising the goblin's goblet to toast all on the celebration list!  Be safe, stay well!

74376551_10156231601590633_1609988488273330176_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=vpeHO89otiYAX-kKTIP&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc3-1.fna&oh=38fd60b3e2d46b5b1cefa7281f0da385&oe=5FC207E3

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 16

Thanks Rich and good luck to your Dawgs today.  Pretty happy with the CDC guidelines but am hoping that Canada opens up before 28 Feb.  That's too close to our Montreal trip in April.  Don't want to miss that.

Happy Halloween all...

• Like 10

1 minute ago, 65 Gator said:

Thanks Rich and good luck to your Dawgs today.  Pretty happy with the CDC guidelines but am hoping that Canada opens up before 28 Feb.  That's too close to our Montreal trip in April.  Don't want to miss that.

Happy Halloween all...

Thanks, hope your April Canada cruise and our April Pacific Coastal to Vancouver happen.

• Like 9