Cruises suspended through December, 2020

EllieinNJ

Gotta be soon for January.  I know NCL waits as long as possible but we are well past final payment for all January sailings and closing up each week of February as we go through December.

Practically speaking, I can't see anything but the trial cruise for January for each ship they intend to restart in February.  Looking at February, there are cruises scheduled from 7 ports, and they can only be ready in a couple of ports to start.  There are 8 itineraries greater than 7 days. I would expect only a few ships could be ready to sail for February and most itineraries will be canceled. 

Finally, the cruise lines have to be looking at the state of cases and hospitalizations and realize nobody is going to approve cruises until we return to the conditions we saw early summer, or better. 

• Like 2

On 11/30/2020 at 10:57 PM, prov2727 said:

Anyone else expecting January cancellations tomorrow or Wednesday?

On 5th October (Monday) NCL announced the cancellation for November sailings.

On 2nd November (Monday) NCL announced the cancellation for December sailings.

If they still keep the pattern for making announcement on the first Monday of that month, then I guess it will be on next Monday (7th December).

• Like 2

Just now, Cruise Wonderland said:

On 5th October (Monday) NCL announced the cancellation for November sailings.

On 2nd November (Monday) NCL announced the cancellation for December sailings.

If they still keep the pattern for making announcement on the first Monday of that month, then I guess it will be on next Monday (7th December).

Good eyes on the pattern. Will be fun to see if you found something here.

• Haha 1

I am one of those waiting for January cancellations. Yes, they will come, but wish they would just announce already. Have an alternative option (family vacation property in CA) for a January break from MN weather, but am even questioning that with the closures and high numbers across the country.

Some have suggested they are waiting to finish the current promotion, which may be the case. My cruise was booked with FCC from another canceled cruise. With 2 already canceled cruises, and this one to be the third, I'm just going to wait and see what happens before rebooking. I'm like a lot of others, am just tired of this whole mess, want my regular life back....

• Like 1

Currently on the NCL site:

TRAVEL ALERTUpdated: December 2, 2020 - Suspended Cruises

On October 30, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued the Framework for Conditional Sailing Order, a roadmap for the steps the CDC will require for resumption of cruise voyages in the U.S. We will closely review the order and continue to partner with global and domestic authorities, including the CDC, to chart a path forward.

We have extended our voluntary temporary suspension of ALL voyages through February 2021. We previously had suspended cruises on Norwegian Star, Norwegian Spirit, and Norwegian Dawn through March 2021; and today we will be adding Norwegian Bliss, Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Gem, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Jade, Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Sky, Norwegian Sun, and Pride of America to the list of cruises suspended through March 2021.

We are committed to taking all appropriate steps and actions to combat the spread of COVID-19 and are working closely and in partnership with local, state, federal and global agencies. While this may result in additional future changes, please know our teams are working around the clock to do what is right by our guests and travel partners. We continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide additional updates as they are available.