APEX in Port Everglades

Daniel A

I live at Port Everglades in one of the high rises. This is the second time October/November Apex has been here for more than 4-5 days.  Equinox and Silhouette are just outside Port all day but not on Port Everglades schedule to arrive. 
Apex is scheduled to leave Port Everglades on 11/7. EDGE is scheduled to arrive 11/8. 

Maybe APEX has mechanical issues or is being outfitted for Covid lab testing and isolation?  When APEX first arrived in Port last month it had tried to dock at the Celebrity pier but ended up backing up and went to the Royal Caribbean pier. It’s been at the Costa/MSC piers this week. 

we haven’t seen any APEX crew at local stores/markets so I’m confident no one has gotten off the ship 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, diamondintn said:

Hey Snuffie,

Can you post some pics of the port ? I would love to see a birds eye view. Thanks in advance! 

Cheers! Lisa

A gloomy rainy weekend but still enjoyable to have this view everyday 

665AD9F2-C46E-45B6-A8CE-17D8F542FC22.jpeg

9A2D6D9C-CE23-46C5-ACEB-07010952E3FA.jpeg

0C00C745-1A82-48DD-BD96-908FA13D91A4.jpeg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Snuffie said:

I live at Port Everglades in one of the high rises. This is the second time October/November Apex has been here for more than 4-5 days.  Equinox and Silhouette are just outside Port all day but not on Port Everglades schedule to arrive. 

Are you one of the folks who wave to us from a balcony when we depart PE?  That's always the best part of embarkation day!  The first time I saw all the people waving and blowing horns was really something for me to experience.

If you are one of those folks - Thank You!  😊 

27 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Are you one of the folks who wave to us from a balcony when we depart PE?  That's always the best part of embarkation day!  The first time I saw all the people waving and blowing horns was really something for me to experience.

If you are one of those folks - Thank You!  😊 

Yes we wave and blow our air horns when the ships leave port.  Highlight of our weekends. Our friends love to come over and join in the honking!  We never get tired of the excitement!  Can’t wait for cruises to begin again.  The Port has been empty of cruise ships for

months.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Snuffie said:

Yes we wave and blow our air horns when the ships leave port.  Highlight of our weekends. Our friends love to come over and join in the honking!  We never get tired of the excitement!  Can’t wait for cruises to begin again.  The Port has been empty of cruise ships for

months.  

I always make a point of booking a port side balcony when I sail from PE just so I can see the sail away parties and wave to the people on shore.  (I always have an American Flag tied to our railing so our friends and family can find and watch us live on PTZ.)