Viking Cruises Announces Additional Investment

CurlerRob

43 minutes ago, CurlerRob said:

Perhaps Andy can help with Vancouver, he’s nearer to the scene 😎

Good news is the influx of capital to help weather the storm. A positive sign for Viking’s survival. 

When the Orion made her first call into Vancouver, I called the Harbourmaster, but he has since retired and was replaced with a non-local. Unfortunately, I no longer have any contacts at the port.

At that time, the Port worked closely with Viking, who were the new kids on the block, to provide brilliant service, providing access to the Harbourmaster's Dock for the ship's tenders doing disembarkation & embarkation. As it turned out, they were not permitted to embark with tenders, but that was due to either US or Canadian Border Services.

Many cruise lines have operated out of Vancouver for many years with long standing contracts for the meagre 3, possibly 4 berths we have available. If a berth is available Viking will have space. I have no knowledge of any contracts the big 3 have in getting preference for the limited berths.

Yes, great news on the new investment. I'm hoping to see an update within the next week, with at least 1 ship resuming service 1st quarter 2021. No inside information, just an uneducated guess.

With Viking's new investment, what does it mean for a potential resumption of service?

17 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Will all Canadian pensioners get a stockholder discount? 😂

I'd happily settle for the ability to sail Viking again (although given the jumps in Carnival and NCL stocks right after the Pfizer comments, that would likely mean the Cdn gov't would have made a fortune on their investment as well!) 🍺🥌

• Like 1