Traveling from USA to Europe ???

thunter1224

I read a comment from some official in Germany a few days ago which I cannot fully recall and quote but it was similar to "we need not think of the Summer as being carefree" meaning normal holiday and the like.

It is painful to see that I have to agree. It feels like with every passing week, two weeks are stripped of my chances of crossing the English channel. At Christmas I was still planning for early Spring.

notamermaid

With regard to the cruiser who wanted to book a trip within France:  Here is a recently updated link to the US Department of State website with details on travel there: https://fr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter France? No

• Broad restrictions on non-essential travel from many countries outside the European Union, including the United States, remain in place. The French government has defined essential travel as entry by French citizens, residents of France, all foreign (including United States citizen) students (with appropriate visa or residence permit), and spouses and children of French citizens.
  • In rare cases, the French government will consider allowing travel in humanitarian situations and in cases of business activity important to the French economy, and have announced a program to allow unmarried couples to reunite. Persons may inquire about such allowances with the French Embassy in Washington, DC (visas@consulfrance-washington.org).
  • The United States Embassy has no standing to intervene or advocate for the private travel of United States citizens to France. Please contact your nearest French Embassy or French Consulate or refer to France Visas

Same rules apply to travel to Germany. https://de.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/  If you meet one of the narrow exceptions, you may be admitted but will have to quarantine.  Leisure travelers do not meet the exceptions and are not currently admitted.

• 1 month later...