Queens penthouse suitecabins vs Princess cabins

njpln

We have Cruised in the Princess Grilles several times and are considering trying a penthouse suite.  What I’d like feedback on is the actual room layout.

The rooms are larger, but the diagrams of the layout look like they were poorly designed.  Is there really only one sink in the bathroom when the princess suites have two? And how well are the closets laid out?  And why would they have two desks instead of a larger sitting area?  I’d love to hear how past cruisers feel about the room layout.  I’m aware there are several perks of the Queens, but just can’t decide about the room itself.

Thank much in advance...

Norma

We're in the opposite position, normally  QG but too late to get a QG and my wife likes midships. The penthouses are baldly designed a lot of unusable space. The seating area is small only a 2 seater, can only entertain 4 people  (including ourselves) in comfort.  People say PG on Vista ships is long and thin and dark. However as it's the bed area that's dark and seating area (3 seater Sofa ) is by window should be OK. We will have to wait to find out.

Of course QG gives you butler,  in cabin drinks , off menu dining.

Forgot to say. Never used the two desks in penthouse except to move the chair in the sitting area for guests, the wardrobes are fine, The Q3s are slighly bigger, but waste this space by a bigger bar with a sink.  One other positive which I forgot  is penthouses have a walk in shower.

If you don't need to be midships the suites at the aft are bigger and cheaper. 

1 hour ago, Windsurfboy said:

One other positive which I forgot  is penthouses have a walk in shower.

so do all the other QG suites.

Over the years, we've had Q 3's, 4's, 5's, and 6's. There is really no difference between a Q3 and Q4 on QE and QV, with the exception of an extra half wardrobe. There didn't used to be much difference in price, although that seems to have changed.

16 hours ago, njpln said:

We have Cruised in the Princess Grilles several times and are considering trying a penthouse suite.  What I’d like feedback on is the actual room layout.

The rooms are larger, but the diagrams of the layout look like they were poorly designed.  Is there really only one sink in the bathroom when the princess suites have two? And how well are the closets laid out?  And why would they have two desks instead of a larger sitting area?  I’d love to hear how past cruisers feel about the room layout.  I’m aware there are several perks of the Queens, but just can’t decide about the room itself.

Thank much in advance...

Norma

Hi it’s really personal preference we prefer the Q5+Q6 on QE+QV because of the size of the suites and we love the views as we sail out of port, we don’t like the layouts of the Q3 and Q4 but as I say it’s personal choice.

22 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi it’s really personal preference we prefer the Q5+Q6 on QE+QV because of the size of the suites and we love the views as we sail out of port, we don’t like the layouts of the Q3 and Q4 but as I say it’s personal choice.

16 hours ago, njpln said:

Thank much in advance...

Norma

Assuming, you're referring to QE or QV and not QM2,  the 5s and 6s on the stern have a more attractive layout than the Penthouse 3s and 4s, but having spent the last seven years in either a 2 or a 3, the main attraction for us, is the absolute mid-ships position.

If that isn't an issue, then the stern suites would win out every time.

25 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

You've timed out by now but shortly after posting you'll find the Edit link under the three dots in the upper right corner of the post. I understand it's a new change with the recent appearance upgrades.

Thank you. Testing the theory.

Yipeee

You're right 

Edited by Victoria2
  • Like 1