Final Payment

MGO2686

On 11/29/2020 at 7:14 PM, firedisney97 said:

As of right now they are allowing you to move your cruise 1x with no penalty.  Our Feb 2021 cruise had a final payment date of 11/23/20.  On 11/21 I got ahold of our PVP and moved our cruise (and my Mom's who was booked at the same time) to the same ship/same itinerary Feb 2022 and there were no charges and no penalties.  We didn't get the same cabins (we had Havana Cabanas and had to go to reg balcony rooms) but we will still be on a ship in a year.  Since we moved the cruise out a year it pushed out our final payment date a year also, so we are taking our cruise money and going to Cancun for 5 days this Feb instead 

Are they allowing you to move while keeping the OBC offered from a previous cancelled cruise? We had a May 2020 cruise cancelled, rebooked for May 2021 with $300 OBC (it was only a 5 day that was cancelled in May 2020).  I called today to see about moving the May 2021 to May 2022, but they said we'd lose the OBC.  Not sure if that is policy, or if I need to call until I find someone who will transfer the OBC too. 

Just got off the phone with Carnival. They were able to move my final payment out by 15 days (from 12/6 to 12/21) for our 3/6 Mardi Gras sailing.

So.. that gives them almost 3 weeks to announce any change in plans prior to my next call to them.  🙂

Tom

4 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Just got off the phone with Carnival. They were able to move my final payment out by 15 days (from 12/6 to 12/21) for our 3/6 Mardi Gras sailing.

So.. that gives them almost 3 weeks to announce any change in plans prior to my next call to them.  🙂

Tom

15 days out is better than nothing.  My pvp is still away - if I don't hear from her next week I will call CCL general #.

On 11/30/2020 at 6:47 PM, iamsteph said:

Are they allowing you to move while keeping the OBC offered from a previous cancelled cruise? We had a May 2020 cruise cancelled, rebooked for May 2021 with $300 OBC (it was only a 5 day that was cancelled in May 2020).  I called today to see about moving the May 2021 to May 2022, but they said we'd lose the OBC.  Not sure if that is policy, or if I need to call until I find someone who will transfer the OBC too. 

We did not have anything cancelled this year (because the one cruise we had booked my husband and son actually got to take in Feb 2020 before the shut down) so the only OBC we had was a deal from our original booking and we lost that.  

My wife and I are on the February 20 Mardi Gras sailing also. I called Carnival last week to inquire about an extension for our final payment (December 7). I was told to call back a day or two before the final payment date and request an extension, which should be given to us.

I just got an email from my pvp.  She extended my final payment to 2/21 - exactly 4 weeks before our 3/21 cruise!  I never expected such a "long" extension - figured I would get 1 month max.  Now I just sit and wait, as I am sure if CCL cancels March cruises it will be at the beginning of February.