Cabin 11014 O class..hallway noise?

edgee

Has anyone cruised in Cabin 11014 (PH1)or nearby on O class ships? Any problems with noise coming from hallway?I am concerned that since it is just forward of the forward passenger stairway there may be a crew door or housekeeping closet across the hall. Thanks for any input.

1 hour ago, StanandJim said:

Those housekeeping pantries occur every few feet for the entire length of all of the Passenger Accommodation Decks.

They almost never represent a noise issue.

Thanks for the reassurance.  Albeit my experience on O ships is somewhat limited compared to you guys, out of an abundance of caution, I was mostly concerned about door to the forward crew stairway. Is it forward of the passenger stairway, or behind the elevators closer to mid ship. I just do not remember.

2 hours ago, StanandJim said:

Those housekeeping pantries occur every few feet for the entire length of all of the Passenger Accommodation Decks.

They almost never represent a noise issue.

There are plenty of people that will disagree with you. It's almost never until it is. Been there done that. 

5 hours ago, ORV said:

There are plenty of people that will disagree with you. It's almost never until it is. Been there done that. 

Plus One.  Brochure deck plans are of no help in locating pantry doorways and the noise emanating therein can be of some consequence at certain hours.

16 minutes ago, redraider1966 said:

Plus One.  Brochure deck plans are of no help in locating pantry doorways and the noise emanating therein can be of some consequence at certain hours.

Yes, thus my reason for original post. I am concerned about pantry/supply closets which may be near the cabin I am inquiring about, but also am posing a generic question about where forward crew stairs doorway is located on O class ships..inquiring whether it is located across hall from 11014 or farther down on midship side of elevators in which case it would not be a concern.

On 11/21/2020 at 6:04 PM, edgee said:

Yes, thus my reason for original post. I am concerned about pantry/supply closets which may be near the cabin I am inquiring about, but also am posing a generic question about where forward crew stairs doorway is located on O class ships..inquiring whether it is located across hall from 11014 or farther down on midship side of elevators in which case it would not be a concern.

The main crew staircase is located within their quarters, and is  forward of any Deck 11 Passenger Accommodation. 

There are also service staircases every hundred feet or so along every cabin hallway.

Those additional staircases will be most apparent to Passengers because whichever mattresses and box springs need to be switched out of Deck 11 cabins will be stored there.

5 hours ago, StanandJim said:

The main crew staircase is located within their quarters, and is  forward of any Deck 11 Passenger Accommodation. 

There are also service staircases every hundred feet or so along every cabin hallway.

Those additional staircases will be most apparent to Passengers because whichever mattresses and box springs need to be switched out of Deck 11 cabins will be stored there.

Thank you!!