Help with Equinox room 6303 or 6302

fedexretiree

I was wondering if anyone has stayed in either of these rooms, 6303 or 6302 on the Equinox and what is the size of the balcony.  On the chart it appears to be larger than the normal balcony, is that correct? 

Trying to decide if its worth having a little bit larger balcony or staying mid ship with the normal size balcony. Neither one of us has any mobility issues, but I know that the Equinox is larger than the Summit.

We typically stay in one of the Sweet 16 rooms on the Summit and are totally spoiled with having such a large balcony at the bargain basement prices so I was wondering if it is that large.  

Thanks in advance for the help with this.

Yes, both balconies are a little bit larger than the normal ones, but not the size of the ones on the hump.

If you don't mind the walk, I would go for it.  Not sure what your bed location preference would be, but in 6303 has the bed by the balcony, whereas in 6302, has the bed by the bath.   🍷

2 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Yes, both balconies are a little bit larger than the normal ones, but not the size of the ones on the hump.

If you don't mind the walk, I would go for it.  Not sure what your bed location preference would be, but in 6303 has the bed by the balcony, whereas in 6302, has the bed by the bath.   🍷

Ok thanks.  Do you know Approximately how much larger is it than the normal size balcony? We are booking in the 2C category  what category is on the hump?  Is 6240 a larger balcony, it is close to the hump?

22 minutes ago, fedexretiree said:

Ok thanks.  Do you know Approximately how much larger is it than the normal size balcony? We are booking in the 2C category  what category is on the hump?  Is 6240 a larger balcony, it is close to the hump?

Use the cabin thread and search the spreadsheet.  You can also do a trial booking.

Have actually stayed in 6302 and would NOT recommend.  

Balcony is slightly larger than standard, but nothing like the sweet 16 on M-class (which we have also stayed in multiple times).

The balcony of 6302 ends, but the roof of the restaurant below (at balcony floor level - it was blue in the ship photos) continues out.  Not only does that block your view down to the water, but crew would walk & work there using the window washing machines (yes, on the restaurant roof right outside your balcony) while the ship was in port.....most days.  Guess why that's why the restaurant windows are so clean each night!  Very strange experience.

13 hours ago, fedexretiree said:

I didn't know that 6240 was an option for you.  We are booked in that same stateroom  on Eclipse next year.  Definitely go for that one.  It has the huge balcony on the hump, 2 and 1/2 times the size of 6302.  It has bed by the balcony, and the view might be a little obstructed by one of the boat davits, but I wouldn't let that worry you.  🍷  

Thanks.. This one isn't directly on the hum but on the angle to the hump.

I have read some reviews about "white noise in these cabins"  not sure if that would bother me or not.

Wonder if there is a difference between the noise level between the  Equinox and Eclipse.

I've stayed in 6303 three times. Love it there. Larger balcony (don't get too hung up on size) and a solid wall to one side of the balcony because of location. The overhang of the blue roof to Tuscan didn't bother me at all and it's such a quiet private spot at the end of the corridor. 

Phil 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wine-O said:

I didn't know that 6240 was an option for you.  We are booked in that same stateroom  on Eclipse next year.  Definitely go for that one.  It has the huge balcony on the hump, 2 and 1/2 times the size of 6302.  It has bed by the balcony, and the view might be a little obstructed by one of the boat davits, but I wouldn't let that worry you.  🍷  

Thanks.. This one isn't directly on the hump but on the angle to the hump.

I have read some reviews about "white noise in these cabins"  not sure if that would bother me or not.

Wonder if there is a difference between the noise level between the  Equinox and Eclipse.

7 hours ago, fedexretiree said:

Thanks for all of the help with this.  I know that the port side has the bed near the balcony door and the starboard side has the bed by the bathroom..Last question,. Which side will have the tv directly in front of the bed?

Neither.  🍷