Princess Cyber Event: reduced deposits and obc

pcur

I've been waiting for this for over a month, and was hoping it would happen around Black Friday.

The 4 cruises for 2022 I booked today previously had $800 or $400 deposits each, and I didn't want to pay more than port taxes for the deposit due to a large FCC coming our way that will pay all the cruise fare. Today the deposits dropped to $200, plus they gave us $200 - $260 obc for each cruise.  I'm not sure if it's Big Box or Princess, but we got an additional $100 obc for each cruise, also.  These are b2b2b2b, so I wanted to book early to get the same cabin.  The price from yesterday to today also went down, plus there was an additional discount for Captain's Circle.  

All-in-all a good promo, IMO.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 7:55 AM, LEtue said:

Was looking at options under this sale and was disappointed to see the $200 OBC reduced to $100 for solo passengers 🙁

I think Princess gives obc on a per person basis, so $200 is for two people in our cabin.

10 hours ago, caribill said:

In the past they would give the $200 ($100x2) for a solo booking since the solo person pays for two people.

I wonder if they changed this policy?  It does seem more fair to base the obc on the number of people PAID for, not the actual occupancy.