Vaccine rollout

Hi Skion.

I think that a lot of the restrictions/changes that we are reading about will be with us for a lot longer than we would like them to be and if we listen to what the experts are predicting some will be with us forever.

Face masks and social distancing will probably be the new normal. The cruise holidays that we all enjoyed before this horrible virus will be just a happy memory and if we wish to continue cruising we will have to accept whatever conditions are in place (including large price increases) to cover the cost of fewer passengers onboard. 🤔🤔

Hi Brummijam

I totally agree with all you have said. 

Sadly time and age march on and I doubt if we will fly/cruise again so may change to another company and go from Scotland. Tui Marella (formerly Thomson) have had a very large lions share of our hard earned pennies almost every year since 1989.  Just read about the queues at Heathrow Border Control - 7 hours in some cases.  No thank you. No doubt there will be contact from Marella in the next 3 days asking for the balance of our cruise for June which increased by over £1,000.  The money was transferred from one cancelled (April) and one moved (June).

Happy cruising when you manage to get away.  Keep safe.  

Edited by skioncruises

I really would be surprised if your June trip goes ahead, I think if all continues to go well with the vaccination rollout we will be looking at autumn/winter at the earliest. Regarding the future of cruise holidays if the prices rise too much I can see it being taken away from ordinary people and being put back into the domain of the wealthy.

Keep well.😉

Just checked one of the links and this was found 

Is cruising safe if I’m over 70 and/or have a pre-existing medical condition? 

If you’re classed by the UK or Irish government as ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’ or ‘clinically vulnerable’, you should visit a doctor for a pre-travel medical consultation to assess if you’re fit to travel.😲

18 hours ago, skioncruises said:

Email received 10 minutes ago.  Our cruise is now cancelled for 19 June on Explorer.  They've moved quick as I was expecting an email in next 3 days for balance not a cancellation so soon..

Mmm,not looking hopeful for me and mrs JTS cruise on 6 July .

Hopefully they contact us before we pay our £640 balance at end of this month

edited:just checked their website and cruises cancelled up to and including 30th June

ps

skioncruises,were you offered and incentive to rebook a future cruise?

Edited by Jim The Scot

2 hours ago, Jim The Scot said:

Mmm,not looking hopeful for me and mrs JTS cruise on 6 July .

Hopefully they contact us before we pay our £640 balance at end of this month

edited:just checked their website and cruises cancelled up to and including 30th June

ps     skioncruises,were you offered and incentive to rebook a future cruise?

Hello Jim

We were 3 days off receiving email for balance to be paid on 27 March.

Up to 10 days from receipt of email to amend and if holiday is more expensive an incentive of 20% (ts & cs apply).

After 10 days holiday automatically cancelled and refund credit for amount paid plus up to 10% booking incentive. (ts & cs apply.) to put towards any holiday currently on sale up until 31 October 2022. Refund credit should be received within 10 days of booking being cancelled.

If cancel automatic refund of monies paid.

Have to await phone call from unrecognised number in the next 10 days to discuss the above.

16 hours ago, skioncruises said:

Hello Jim

We were 3 days off receiving email for balance to be paid on 27 March.

Up to 10 days from receipt of email to amend and if holiday is more expensive an incentive of 20% (ts & cs apply).

After 10 days holiday automatically cancelled and refund credit for amount paid plus up to 10% booking incentive. (ts & cs apply.) to put towards any holiday currently on sale up until 31 October 2022. Refund credit should be received within 10 days of booking being cancelled.

If cancel automatic refund of monies paid.

Have to await phone call from unrecognised number in the next 10 days to discuss the above.

Thanks for that skioncruises

We are booked through our local independant TA so any cancellation email will go to them so will keep an eye out on the web for further cancellation updates  as when our previous cruise was cancelled I knew well before our TA informed us.

• 2 weeks later...