MARCH 2021 EDGE CRUISE AT KEY WEST

WeMissSeaView

7 hours ago, paulh84 said:

For Edge to sail in March, 79 days from today, the onboard crew quarantine requirement alone eat up nearly 18% of that timeframe. Crew would need to be recalled, deemed safe to travel, trained and so on. Aside from the logistical issues with vaccine distribution, the assumption that our outgoing administration doesn't pull any publicity stunts over the next 39 days, timing for it to become effective, etc. March is a pipe dream IMO. 

I don’t think the Edge will sail with revenue passengers in March or even early April. However  They brought on  100 +  crew members about a week ago that are currently going through the quarantine period on the ship, maybe some training starting soon.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Really pretty simple logic.  No cruises till March 1 at the earliest.  OK so far?  Then the CDC requires practice cruises followed by cruises to private venues for 2-3 day duration.  See the CDC and CLIA guidelines if you like.

Am assuming you can do the math with only the above facts.  Add in that COVID will still be waiting for many to be inoculated and the ship certification and crew issues . . . 

Seems likely that Celebrity is already buried in cancellations and might need a breather before the next batch.

So you don't have any official documentation either.

Why can't people just say "This is what I think....."  instead of trying to sound so sure of themselves?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jelayne said:

I don’t think the Edge will sail with revenue passengers in March or even early April. However  They brought on  100 +  crew members about a week ago that are currently going through the quarantine period on the ship, maybe some training starting soon.

I could have sworn Captain Kate said in one of her videos within the past few days that there is a total of 114  people onboard Edge.