Viking gyms/

Bluepoodle1

I assume a "spin bike" is like a Peloton.  Viking has one upright and two recumbent bikes.  The recumbent bikes are programmable.  Why is a spin bike better/different?   I rode Peloton bikes on QE2 in the early '70s.  Our son's new Peloton looks exactly the same mechanically, except painted black instead of white, and the interactive screen is the only apparent 'improvement".  

spin bikes are totally different.  Most of the time you have a class with your spin bike, but of course you can do it on your own.  The flywheel’s in the spin bikes are heavier than the regular bike, so you’ll burn more energy completing each rep that you perform.  Very easy to increase or decrease your tension.  Don't know if it is true or not but when I was doing spin classes they also said a spin bike actually has a lower injury risk than your typical upright bike.  Has some thing to do with the flywheel is much easier.... it helps keep the bike in constant motion so less impact on your joints.  Just what they say?

• Like 1