well this stinks

MooNGaTe27

NCL canceled our March 27 th cruise today . Im ok with that but in the email they sent out they say we can get our Deposit back or we can rebook  get 30% off a future cruise . So I look up new cruises & what do I see NCL is giving everyone 30% off a cruise So I get nothing extra just what everyone is getting . But now all the dates I like they are no good sailings for me in 2021 . Im taking my money & running . 

• Like 1

ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION:

All guests with current and active bookings affected by this suspension will automatically receive a 10% OFF discount on their next NCL cruise, valid for all published sailings from through and including December 31, 2022. This 10% OFF discount will be applied to guests’ Latitudes profiles by Wednesday, December 30, 2020 and must be used within one year of issue date.

It's most likely stacked. Our January 2021 cruise was cancelled and at the time they offered us 10% off a future cruise. We used it on a Greece sailing for October 2021 and stacked the 10% off on the 20% off current promo they had at that time.

When I re-price that cruise out now with their current 30% off offer, my original booking with the stacked 10% + 20% is still ~2K cheaper. If you find an itinerary you like with a date late enough into the game that you'll most likely get to go and the price is right - just book it. With the current promos, I haven't found a deal that calls out to me and am keeping fingers and toes crossed that my current 3 booked sailings get to happen before I book anything else.

Also remember that there was probably a 30% price increase prior to the 30% sale, That said, If they let you stack them it would be very good. Apparently your cruise was cancelled prior to final payment as you are only out your deposit. I think I would at least call them to find out what exactly they are offering and how long you have to decide. I recently cancelled my AK cruise set for June 21 - I got my deposit back. I do not plan on cruising until at least 2023.

3 minutes ago, bonvoyagie said:

Also remember that there was probably a 30% price increase prior to the 30% sale, That said, If they let you stack them it would be very good. Apparently your cruise was cancelled prior to final payment as you are only out your deposit. I think I would at least call them to find out what exactly they are offering and how long you have to decide. I recently cancelled my AK cruise set for June 21 - I got my deposit back. I do not plan on cruising until at least 2023.

I agree- I am looking at 2023/2024. (wasn't going 2021 regardless). I got my 2020 refund- why give them free money.

4 hours ago, hallux said:

Are you sure your 30% rebook offer can't be "stacked" with the other offer?

The 30% CANNOT be stacked on top of the 30%.  You can stack the 10% on top of the 30%.  I confirmed this with my NCL PCC when I booked my 2022 cruise recently.

On 12/29/2020 at 8:12 PM, MooNGaTe27 said:

NCL canceled our March 27 th cruise today . Im ok with that but in the email they sent out they say we can get our Deposit back or we can rebook  get 30% off a future cruise . So I look up new cruises & what do I see NCL is giving everyone 30% off a cruise So I get nothing extra just what everyone is getting . But now all the dates I like they are no good sailings for me in 2021 . Im taking my money & running . 

As others have already mentioned, you get the 30% on top of 30%. At lest that is what I experienced in May 2020 (so they may have changed the conditions). I had a cruise that NCL cancelled that was supposed to start May 1st, 2020. Before I received the FCC I booked a new cruise for September 2021 through my NCL cruise consultant, that turned out to be at a very good price. First got the 30% discount that was promotional offer for "everyone", and then after the FCC was added I received on top of that 20% extra discount because of the FCC, then  the extra 25% FCC that we received for taking FCC instead of a regular refund, became deducted directly from the cabin price. Plus that there is a current promotion on where it allows you to use two CruiseNext vouchers for any type of cabin, so there I got a value of $500 for something that originally I paid $300 for (2 x $150). So my "subsitude" cruise ended up at a much better price than my original cruise (similar itinerary and similar length).