The Daily for Thursday Jan 7, 2021

richwmn

49 minutes ago, dfish said:

When mine broke I could use the burners if I plugged it in, but there was a constant beeping that went along with it.  I had a lot of take out while I waited for the new one.  I don't think you were on back then, but it all started when I went to clean the oven using the self clean feature.  Never clean your oven!

I didn't know about steam clean.  Mine has a built in air fryer.

apparently you just put a pan of water in and it produces steam to clean. I saw the ones with the air fryer but was too rich for me maybe in my next life, besides we are hopefully( if the stars aline) meaning everyone can get vacinated we  are doing the fjords trip plus training around a few places in europe ( and we are footing the bill for all six of us).  then i booked. a panama canal trip for four months after that so watching the pennies.    linda

• Like 5

3 hours ago, cat shepard said:

The touch controls pad stopped working for certain burners. Here was the tough message I had to swallow - my guru could have easily repaired it, if LG had not stopped making parts for a 7 year old stove.  

Let’s just say I was upset.

That’s what happened with our kitchenaide refrigerator about 7 years ago. The motherBoard gave up the ghost and the repair guy could only pull it and send it in to be rebuilt- in 6 weeks. And I had just been to Sams Club and filled the freezer. Try getting a white counter depth refrigerator on short notice. 🤪 I ended up with a junker.

Now with our new stainless steel oven being installed next week (yah- no more foul electricity smells if we try to use the microwave) I’m wanting to replace the junky white refrigerator with the rust spots on the door. 😡

Looking at the stainless steel quad door Fisher & Paykel,  quad door Whirlpool and the side by side Kitchenaide.

Any input?

(Samsung failed the audition with poor reviews.)

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

How 'bout "The Crown?" We've got season 1 and 2 on DVD and liked them both. Hoping season #3 will be available on DVD soon

We have watched seasons 3 and 4 on Netflix.  Three was ok, Four is a bit of mehhh.  The only highlight in season 4 was the performance of Gillian Anderson as Margaret Thatcher.  All 'Royals' are cardboardy and lacking in character and depth (Just like real life so? 😁).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Actually, discussing laundry seems to be an important pastime on any cruise longer than 7 days. It’s kind of comforting to relive that now.😄

I even discuss it when it is a land/cruise tour longer than 7 days! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/7/2021 at 5:53 PM, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Noooo..... mine is an LG! What evil did yours do?

Mine too,  LG oven racks fell off when heated,   Not too safe,  bought replacement racks then the self cleaning basically wrecked the wiring harness,   Another 500$ hit.   Our first and last LG appliance.

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

Mine too,  LG oven racks fell off when heated,   Not too safe,  bought replacement racks then the self cleaning basically wrecked the wiring harness,   Another 500$ hit.   Our first and last LG appliance.

ALL my major appliances are LG, about 4 1/2 years old. I just love most of them. However, I only used self clean on the oven once. There was something suspicious about the smell, and I never used it again. I hate to think what might have happened if I’d chosen a longer cleaning cycle. The oven has a lower heat Easy Clean cycle that uses steam to soften everything so it just wipes off. I use that instead, and haven’t had any issues.

• Like 2