Changing Names On Booking

lagienomai

So I have a booking with 2 rooms. When I booked I booked my husband and oldest son in one room and myself and 2 other kids 15 and 13 in the other. I had planned when on board to get second room keys so I could stay with my husband and he with his brother and sister. So my question is my cruise is paid in full and I haven't checked in yet. It is possible to edit the names in my cruise manager. Technically they can be in a room by themselves and they are across the hall in an interior anyway. We got free Cheers for my husband room so trying to move so I can get as well. If not no worries. 

30 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I dont think it's possible to do ahead of time without paying a name change fee.

That's why people wait to do it onboard.

Thats kinds what I thought just thought it weird to have the ability to change the names online. Personally I don't have much hope the cruise will even go but just in case. Any idea if I will get the Cheers once we switch onboard?

Just call your PVP.  He booked my wife and I in a room and our kids in another room so we could take advantage of the free cheers offer.  Technically he booked me and my brother in law in one room. My wife and my sister in another. And 5 kids in a room.  Now all 4 people have cheers and the kids aren't even in a connection room.  

From what I understand a PVP has to do this.  You can't do this online

13 minutes ago, lagienomai said:

Thats kinds what I thought just thought it weird to have the ability to change the names online. Personally I don't have much hope the cruise will even go but just in case. Any idea if I will get the Cheers once we switch onboard?

The rates are different with the Cheers on Us or Free Cheers promos.  Even if you do switch rooms, it would be door card access only, you will still be berthed to the room you were assigned when the manifest was approved for sailing.  So no, if you switch once onboard, you will not be granted the cheers promo.

If you want to be under the cheers promo, have the child in your husbands room moved to your current room and you move to you husbands room.  There will most likley be a fee, but you may get approval for a fee waiver if you state you were not aware your minor kids could be booked in a room by themselves without an adult being booked in the same room.  

13 minutes ago, PSU2LSU said:

Just call your PVP.  He booked my wife and I in a room and our kids in another room so we could take advantage of the free cheers offer.  Technically he booked me and my brother in law in one room. My wife and my sister in another. And 5 kids in a room.  Now all 4 people have cheers and the kids aren't even in a connection room.  

From what I understand a PVP has to do this.  You can't do this online

Minor kids can be booked in their own rooms, there are a few restrictions regarding balcony rooms and children under the age of 12 must be booked next to or directly across from legal guardian. and 13-17 can be within 3 staterooms away.

4 minutes ago, jdoc2007 said:

Minor kids can be booked in their own rooms, there are a few restrictions regarding balcony rooms and children under the age of 12 must be booked next to or directly across from legal guardian. and 13-17 can be within 3 staterooms away.

Ok I'll call and see what can be done. My husband doesn't drink much. I more so than him but neither one of is has ever had enough to warrant to actually get Cheers. But I also love the coffee shop so makes more sense for me to have Cheers. My son usually carries on his 12 pack of soft drink and another in place of my daughter that only drinks water so he probably wouldn't really utilize the bottomless bubbles.