Is it worth upgrading to Neptune suite from Signature suite

geologyrx

My father owned a travel agency when I was growing up.  He had a sign above his desk that read "If you can afford to travel first class and don't - your heirs will".

We cruise less often than we could, but like to save up for something special when we do, and get the nicest cabin we can afford at the time.

There were several trips we've taken where reading reviews afterwards we wondered how we could possibly have been on the same ship as the people reporting.  The suite experience really makes the trip different - not just a bigger room.

• Like 5

After our first cruise, in a Signature suite, we tried a Neptune because the price was right! Unfortunately that was a dozen cruises ago!  Once you go Neptune you can never go back and we haven’t. We have tried a Pinnacle Suite 🥰 when we cruised with family but fortunately it’s too big for just the two of us. Enjoy 😉. Susan 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

To help with evaluations, we're taking the OOsterdam April 5 Transatlantic trip, and researched suites on other lines.    Transatlantic trips require more in-room time, and we enjoy that part as well as onboard activities.

The Neptune suite is warm, spacious, very comfortable, and of course there are the extra benefits.  The Celebrity, Oceana and Viking suites looked "plastic", cold and a little sparse....This was just from website photos, of course, and others may love more modern decor,  but for the price and quality, we decided to return to HA's Neptune suite.  

No decision is right or wrong--whatever your choice, once made, let go, relax and enjoy it.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2023 at 11:21 AM, Suslor said:

Once you go Neptune you can never go back

We did. We took an upsell for a Neptune on our last cruise. The value for us was the wrap around balcony for Norway. The cabin itself was fine but I would never pay the going price for one. The Signature suites give us plenty of room for a much more reasonable price.

That being said, if offered another good deal on an aft Neptune for our Antarctic cruise, I would take it!

3 hours ago, Sea42 said:

We did. We took an upsell for a Neptune on our last cruise. The value for us was the wrap around balcony for Norway. The cabin itself was fine but I would never pay the going price for one. The Signature suites give us plenty of room for a much more reasonable price.

That being said, if offered another good deal on an aft Neptune for our Antarctic cruise, I would take it!

I like being near the Neptune Lounge and eating breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill on the older ships.

• Like 2

We always have a value-added perdiem amount in our mind ahead of time, that we weigh against Neptune upgrade offers.  Then we weigh location, since for us the real value of the lounge is having it close by.  

I think you got a good offer, but the location may be a deal killer......  or not.  Some prefer to walk distances or even be on another deck from the Lounge.  Since this your first HAL cruise, hard to know up that front. So your real benefit would be the generous cabin size and included amenities of the Neptune cabin itself. But for just an increase in cabin size, agree the Signature Suites are a very nice choice too. 

Depends on whether you value the much larger cabin first, or the location by the Neptune Lounge first. We do love Neptune suites, the Neptune Lounge an especially love their huge balconies.  

Again, I think you got a good offer.  Let us know your final outcome. 

We’d booked a Signature Suite for the 1/23 Eurodam (10 days), and we just accepted an offer for a Neptune upgrade. I’m excited about it! We couldn’t justify the price to book Neptune from the beginning, but the upgrade was a great deal. It’s our honeymoon, so we’re looking forward to splurge!

• Like 9

There is an advantage to Neptune Suites that I have (unfortunately) used twice.  If you get COVID and are isolated to your stateroom for 5 days, it's better to do that in a Neptune Suite than a smaller stateroom, or especially a stateroom without a balcony.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KenveeB said:

We’d booked a Signature Suite for the 1/23 Eurodam (10 days), and we just accepted an offer for a Neptune upgrade. I’m excited about it! We couldn’t justify the price to book Neptune from the beginning, but the upgrade was a great deal. It’s our honeymoon, so we’re looking forward to splurge!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.  I hope you thoroughly enjoy your cruise and get to take advantage of Neptune Suite perks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2024 at 4:08 PM, OlsSalt said:

Depends on whether you value the much larger cabin first, or the location by the Neptune Lounge first. We do love Neptune suites, the Neptune Lounge an especially love their huge balconies.  

We sail next week on a 22 day Antarctic cruise. We have only been on one 4 day HAL cruise and we accepted an upgrade to a Neptune Suite Of course, we loved it. On this cruise, we started out with the lowest cost Oceanview and upgraded after buying Club Orange for the same price the upgrade would have cost. Not too long after, my wife started saying she wished we had booked a Veranda, so we moved up to the cheapest Forward Veranda. Then we got an upgrade offer to a signature suite. Well, we only live once. Today, we got an upgrade offer to a Neptune Suite. I was waffleing on that one until they told me they would take our cost of the Club Orange off the price of the upgrade. They offered a choice of three cabins fairly close to the lounge. We picked the one directly across from the door. We were going to buy unlimited laundry. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, billco said:

... Today, we got an upgrade offer to a Neptune Suite...We picked the one directly across from the door. We were going to buy unlimited laundry. 

Congrats and enjoy!!

5 hours ago, billco said:

We sail next week on a 22 day Antarctic cruise. We have only been on one 4 day HAL cruise and we accepted an upgrade to a Neptune Suite Of course, we loved it. On this cruise, we started out with the lowest cost Oceanview and upgraded after buying Club Orange for the same price the upgrade would have cost. Not too long after, my wife started saying she wished we had booked a Veranda, so we moved up to the cheapest Forward Veranda. Then we got an upgrade offer to a signature suite. Well, we only live once. Today, we got an upgrade offer to a Neptune Suite. I was waffleing on that one until they told me they would take our cost of the Club Orange off the price of the upgrade. They offered a choice of three cabins fairly close to the lounge. We picked the one directly across from the door. We were going to buy unlimited laundry. 

Good choice. We  had a Neptune on our Antarctic cruise too and loved it, since you want to be outside so much but also be able to run back in and get warm again.

One afternoon in Wihelmina Bay we watched from our balcony a whole group of whales circling and "bubbling" to scare up their krill. The ship was stopped, just to watch this incredible display and luckily we were on the right side. 

Hope you have a wonderful trip and enjoy everyone on of those 22 days - what a way to to go this spectacular destination.