Is it worth upgrading to Neptune suite from Signature suite

geologyrx

Hi All,

Well I bite the bullet and accepted the NS upsell, we sail in 15 days.  For me life is just too short and if I didn't do this now I do not think there would be an opportunity for me again.  Thank you all for your suggestions/advice.  My wife and I have worked extremely hard for this trip so it's either go big or go home.  Thanks again for everyone's input.   

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, Branbay said:

Hi All,

Well I bite the bullet and accepted the NS upsell, we sail in 15 days.  For me life is just too short and if I didn't do this now I do not think there would be an opportunity for me again.  Thank you all for your suggestions/advice.  My wife and I have worked extremely hard for this trip so it's either go big or go home.  Thanks again for everyone's input.   

Good decision. You are going to love the “suite life”.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Branbay said:

Hi All,

Good choice IMO!  Now be sure to show off your gold cabin card when onboard!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Branbay said:

Thank Dave, do you know if a lot folks wear their keycard on a lanyard ? I've always just carried mine in my pocket.

Some people do, but most do not.  Of course if you have a Neptune it is a good way to show off the gold card!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Some people do, but most do not.  Of course if you have a Neptune it is a good way to show off the gold card!

More women carry them, I think.  It is easier than carrying even a small bag for the purpose of the card, and my clothes rarely have pockets.  I always use a lanyard.   

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

On Eurodam now. .7 days before cruise received a $300 upsell from Signature to Neptune suite…. That was a no brainer. Monitor your cruise, if numerous openings towards end of booking window, look for upsell. Otherwise if really want a Neptune suite determine what is good value to you….. for me ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SVBing said:

On Eurodam now. .7 days before cruise received a $300 upsell from Signature to Neptune suite…. That was a no brainer. Monitor your cruise, if numerous openings towards end of booking window, look for upsell. Otherwise if really want a Neptune suite determine what is good value to you….. for me ?

Say hello to Alina and Jeff for me! Enjoy your cruise!

I must be in the minority, but the SA Neptune we booked for our 25 day Hawaii / Mexico cruise last month on the Koningsdam was a big disappointment and, as I wrote to HAL, not worth the money.  The suite was a glorified Signature Suite.  We are 5* so already get many perks. Club Orange was not good, and based on the breakfast experience we never went there for dinner.  We are not picky,  but wouldn’t book one on a Pinnacle Class ship again. Our room stewards were wonderful.

Our last Neptune was the Amazon Explorer  pre Covid on the Veendam and a fabulous experience.  We have 2 Neptunes on the Westerdam/ Alaska in June for a family vacation.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 8:52 AM, DaveOKC said:

I always carry my card in a lanyard. It's easier to get to for the slot machines. 

• Haha 1

The NS is nice if you have been in one before.  The Neptune Lounge is great to have coffee in the morning and a light breakfast. Yes, they have snacks during the day but alcohol is not included. We would do it again if the price was right. We liked the extra perks of unlimited laundry and the dining options. 

We sailed on a Celebrity cruise and had access to the Michael's Club, where alcoholic drinks were included. Although the Celebrity Summit was a little dated we really enjoyed the MC.

Do what feels right to you and HAVE FUN!!!

On 3/24/2022 at 11:49 AM, atxlady said:

The NS is nice if you have been in one before.  The Neptune Lounge is great to have coffee in the morning and a light breakfast. Yes, they have snacks during the day but alcohol is not included. We would do it again if the price was right. We liked the extra perks of unlimited laundry and the dining options. 

We sailed on a Celebrity cruise and had access to the Michael's Club, where alcoholic drinks were included. Although the Celebrity Summit was a little dated we really enjoyed the MC.

Do what feels right to you and HAVE FUN!!!

Doesn't sound like it is worth the extra cost to me. All the 'perks' you mentioned are available to us with a simple balcony cabin accommodation.

16 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Doesn't sound like it is worth the extra cost to me. All the 'perks' you mentioned are available to us with a simple balcony cabin accommodation.

But you do not get to show off your Gold cabin card!  

13 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Actually, the Neptune perks are not all available to simple balcony cabin accommodations.  For starters, unless one is 4* or above, unlimited, free laundry is not available; food and snacks throughout the day, some of which are not available in the Lido; breakfast in the Pinnacle or Club Orange, complete with morning mimosas; catering to small cocktail parties in the NS; a mini library of books and magazines; and, last but not least, the wonderful concierge services in the Neptune Lounge, thereby avoiding the front desk.  These services can provide dining reservations, excursions, shuttle services, first boarding of buses and tenders, etc.  

Out of necessity we booked a Signature Suite instead of a NS on the 2024 WC, but we fervently hope that we have the chance to upgrade at a greatly reduced cost to an N.S.    I am afraid that we were easily spoiled!

2 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

Actually, the Neptune perks are not all available to simple balcony cabin accommodations.  For starters, unless one is 4* or above, unlimited, free laundry is not available; food and snacks throughout the day, some of which are not available in the Lido; breakfast in the Pinnacle or Club Orange, complete with morning mimosas; catering to small cocktail parties in the NS; a mini library of books and magazines; and, last but not least, the wonderful concierge services in the Neptune Lounge, thereby avoiding the front desk.  These services can provide dining reservations, excursions, shuttle services, first boarding of buses and tenders, etc.  

Out of necessity we booked a Signature Suite instead of a NS on the 2024 WC, but we fervently hope that we have the chance to upgrade at a greatly reduced cost to an N.S.    I am afraid that we were easily spoiled!

I highlighted the so called Neptune 'perks' you mentioned that we also receive as 'lowly' 2* Mariners  roughing it in steerage accommodations (standard veranda cabin). The few others you mentioned are not important to us. 🙂  

23 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

I highlighted the so called Neptune 'perks' you mentioned that we also receive as 'lowly' 2* Mariners  roughing it in steerage accommodations (standard veranda cabin). The few others you mentioned are not important to us. 🙂  

Then you're good!  We usually take verandahs if we are on cruises of two or three weeks, in which case we don't find it worthwhile to spend the additional money.  Still, we very much enjoyed out 21-day Antarctica cruise in 2019 when HAL gave us a complimentary upgrade to an NS.  I don't expect that will happen more than once!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I just booked a Neptune Suite to Alaska with a friend, and we want our own beds - no couch. I didn’t read any comments about this situation. We did it for the space! Late summer, 2024, which is already very full. We got an aft corner so we are set. Just don’t tell my bank account!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, msmonaj said:

I just booked a Neptune Suite to Alaska with a friend, and we want our own beds - no couch. I didn’t read any comments about this situation. We did it for the space! Late summer, 2024, which is already very full. We got an aft corner so we are set. Just don’t tell my bank account!

Our first cruise to AK was in a Neptune Suite deck 4 aft wrap - it was glorious and made the Alaskan experience so much better. We still talk about that cruise.

Congrats and enjoy!!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

You have a choice of either a king bed or two twins.  

Yes, we have them, but we have more separation in the Neptune. When I travel with my sweetheart, we share space that we wouldn’t with a friend.