So Japan cruises in April 2021 in limbo

I don’t know squat about these specific cruises, but there is a 0.0000001% chance a cruise to / from Japan will happen in April 2021.  Lift and shift to 2022 or cancel. Or pay the full payment and give RCI a big loan and hope the 125% credit will work, when they are sailing again. .. if. 

JC

I'm on one of the April cruises out of Tokyo. I doubt we will sail but I asked RCI via FB messenger tonight and was told that all Quantum sailings are excluded from the suspension and we'd still be sailing.

Like I said I have my doubts. 

7 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I was on the Ovation Apr 25th sailing, Singapore-Yokohama, and as far as I’ve heard, it’s cancelled.

I had already moved it yesterday to a sailing in 2022.

Were you on Majesty, Feb. 1, 2020 sailing out of NOLA? 

Royal Caribbean adamant Japan sailings on the 5th & 15th April are going ahead - despite yes Twitter posts and RCCL website stating the only cruises going ahead are out off Singapore & China 

Absolutely shocking customer service the right hand doesn’t know what the left is doing !!!

0AEDC72D-901C-4644-A197-52AF8856E743.jpeg

4AE5ABAE-BA80-4C1C-9CAC-BA8F36D1B57D.jpeg

4 hours ago, soloadventurer said:

Royal Caribbean adamant Japan sailings on the 5th & 15th April are going ahead - despite yes Twitter posts and RCCL website stating the only cruises going ahead are out off Singapore & China 

Absolutely shocking customer service the right hand doesn’t know what the left is doing !!!

0AEDC72D-901C-4644-A197-52AF8856E743.jpeg

4AE5ABAE-BA80-4C1C-9CAC-BA8F36D1B57D.jpeg

Japans current restrictions are due to expire on 1/31. I’m guessing once they renew or update that we will know our fate for April. It’s unfortunate to have to wait a few more weeks but again that’s my guess based upon what I’m reading online.

5 hours ago, soloadventurer said:

That's nothing new with RC.

The numbers in Japan aren't looking too good right now, so I wouldn't expect there to be cruises there for a while.

Not very hard to understand......I have a China cruise booked in June.....Every global cruise will happen once certain items are met.  First, the embarking country allows it to cruise.  Than what restrictions will be in place (Singapore is only Singapore citizens).  Next where is the ship going and will it be allowed.  Outside of the cruise, will you be able to travel to the country?  Another question outside of the cruise.  So now, international passengers entering USA needs a test including it's citizens.  That is a new rule, but the older rule is not lifted yet, of banning certain countries, like most of them.  So as the rules change, the cruise lines makes the decision.  it is complicated.  They want to sail.  We want to sail.  So you must wait.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2021 at 1:20 PM, Joseph2017China said:

Not very hard to understand......I have a China cruise booked in June.....Every global cruise will happen once certain items are met.  First, the embarking country allows it to cruise.  Than what restrictions will be in place (Singapore is only Singapore citizens).  Next where is the ship going and will it be allowed.  Outside of the cruise, will you be able to travel to the country?  Another question outside of the cruise.  So now, international passengers entering USA needs a test including it's citizens.  That is a new rule, but the older rule is not lifted yet, of banning certain countries, like most of them.  So as the rules change, the cruise lines makes the decision.  it is complicated.  They want to sail.  We want to sail.  So you must wait.

still waiting - yet they cancelled Alaskan cruises the cruises after Japan.

Terrible customer service 

726CFF60-2B88-4845-91C2-E6A4C692F05D.jpeg