Cruise cancelled by travel agent - what can I expect for FCCs?

JillK

Feeling frustrated right now.... I had booked a cruise for early December when the "cruise by" date for FCC's was December 31, 2021 (we cancelled two days before Royal did in March last year so no option of refund).

I read this morning that the "cruise by" date has now been moved to September 2022 so I sent my travel agent a note asking if we were to cancel the current booking (deposited using our FCC's) what would the sail by date for the FCC's be (wanted to know what my window for travel would be).

Rather than reply, I have received notification that my cruise has been cancelled and that if I qualify for credits, they will be issued within 30 days.

Before I even bother to go back to them , does anyone have any idea what I can expect if I don't have them reverse the cancellation that I never requested or authorized (ie- new FCCs issued with a sail by date of .....)? 

Thanks in advance for any insights! 

46 minutes ago, JillK said:

Feeling frustrated right now.... I had booked a cruise for early December when the "cruise by" date for FCC's was December 31, 2021 (we cancelled two days before Royal did in March last year so no option of refund).

I read this morning that the "cruise by" date has now been moved to September 2022 so I sent my travel agent a note asking if we were to cancel the current booking (deposited using our FCC's) what would the sail by date for the FCC's be (wanted to know what my window for travel would be).

Rather than reply, I have received notification that my cruise has been cancelled and that if I qualify for credits, they will be issued within 30 days.

Before I even bother to go back to them , does anyone have any idea what I can expect if I don't have them reverse the cancellation that I never requested or authorized (ie- new FCCs issued with a sail by date of .....)? 

Thanks in advance for any insights! 

You’re existing FCC’s will be reissued with an apply by date of April 30, 2022 and a sail by date of Sept 30, 2022

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You’re existing FCC’s will be reissued with an apply by date of April 30, 2022 and a sail by date of Sept 30, 2022

I sure hope the TA cancelled it under CWC, and not just an old-fashioned cancellation.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Time for a new TA if they misread your email and outright canceled it without confirming first.

Yes absolutely. I have zero intention of re-booking through them in the future. 

I was very taken aback when I received the cancellation notification instead of an answer to my question. At no point did I direct them to cancel, I simply asked what "cruise by" date would be applicable in my case should we elect to. Yikes! 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Ok that's what I was hoping to hear in response to my query of my agent, not an outright cancellation which I neither requested or authorized. 

Not sure how I am going to handle this moving forward but thank you for the insight!