Wonder if American's and Canadian's will be allowed in Italy this Fall??

mpdog42

I know this is a very tough question, but wondered if somebody from Europe could take a guess on this??

Have a MSC YC Cruise booked for very late in Sept 21 out of Italy. Being a American, Wonder if i should rebook for the Carribean?

Edited by mpdog42
correct

It depends on the requirements to travel.

If you need to be vaccinated, unless you are in the high priority group, I am very doubtful (at least in Canada), that the general population will be vaccinated byt Sept/Oct (hoping for Dec because that is when my 2nd cruise is booked this year).

I think there might be a quarantine going over and coming back so can you take that much time off -- I surely cannot.

You might have a better chance cruising from Miami than having travel abroad for this year.

I hope I am wrong.

18 hours ago, xcell said:

If you need to be vaccinated, unless you are in the high priority group, I am very doubtful (at least in Canada), that the general population will be vaccinated byt Sept/Oct (hoping for Dec because that is when my 2nd cruise is booked this year).

I think there might be a quarantine going over and coming back so can you take that much time off -- I surely cannot.

You might have a better chance cruising from Miami than having travel abroad for this year.

I hope I am wrong.

You might be right! Thanks for your post

Mike

We're booked on MSC in Europe in July and I'm counting the days....until they cancel it. Sorry, I've just lost all hope of traveling abroad for the next year. Maybe 2022 will bring better news. I'm basing my pessimism on the constant lockdowns in Europe, the slow rollout of vaccines (which many news outlets virtually promised would signal a gradual return to travel, and are now mysteriously silent about), and the likely cruise industry-unfriendly bent of the new US administration.

• Like 2

1st month of 2021 not even over and I too have written off my cruise plans for this year.

Honestly, not sure how the cruise industry will survive going almost 2 years without revenue. Not matter how deep their pockets are, something has to give.

On 1/19/2021 at 3:35 AM, xcell said:

I hope I am wrong.

Has ON not released a plan for general vaccinations yet? I'm in BC and our plan was released yesterday. My husband and I are in the 40-49 age category and will be eligible for first dose in July, second in August (unless more vaccines become available, such as AstroZeneca and Johnson and Johnson, in which case it may be sooner). Hard to imagine ON wouldn't be on a similar track?

31 minutes ago, bcwife76 said:

Has ON not released a plan for general vaccinations yet? I'm in BC and our plan was released yesterday. My husband and I are in the 40-49 age category and will be eligible for first dose in July, second in August (unless more vaccines become available, such as AstroZeneca and Johnson and Johnson, in which case it may be sooner). Hard to imagine ON wouldn't be on a similar track?

With no vaccines available, doesn't matter their plans. Also what of the kids? My wife and I can be vaccinated but kids cannot, so does that mean no travel for them?

37 minutes ago, xcell said:

With no vaccines available, doesn't matter their plans. Also what of the kids? My wife and I can be vaccinated but kids cannot, so does that mean no travel for them?

Xcell ... That is the problem, no one actually knows plus by not allowing families to travel it will make it harder for them to make the money that many now badly need, other than Saga 70+ Age demographic and I believe Marella owned by German company T.U.I no other cruise lines have made a decision though I had read somewhere that Carnival will not require guests to have the vaccine.

58 minutes ago, xcell said:

Vaccine deliveries will be back on track soon enough. As for the kids, I don't know. I know they are in trials but at this point I'm not expecting vaccines for my kids until late in 2021 or maybe even into 2022 at this point. Doesn't mean we won't travel but if we are vaccinated and the govt says you still have to quarantine then all our travel for late 2021 is still out the window. SO much up in the air right now.

• Like 1

A tourism and travel update from Spain. Although the OP related to Italy, it might be useful info on European travel generally. If Spain aren't looking to allow land based tourists I'll assume they'll exclude cruise ships too.

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2021/01/21/spain-wont-welcome-tourists-until-the-end-of-the-summer/?fbclid=IwAR02LKnclKL8hWq3jmufoNKpzQ4lQ9byZmdcaHRT5BLzgE2mcq9beayjmR0

2 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

A tourism and travel update from Spain. Although the OP related to Italy, it might be useful info on European travel generally. If Spain aren't looking to allow land based tourists I'll assume they'll exclude cruise ships too.

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2021/01/21/spain-wont-welcome-tourists-until-the-end-of-the-summer/?fbclid=IwAR02LKnclKL8hWq3jmufoNKpzQ4lQ9byZmdcaHRT5BLzgE2mcq9beayjmR0

CF ... Saw a story yesterday saying that Spain was looking to open up their Holiday season.

2 hours ago, sidari said:

CF ... Saw a story yesterday saying that Spain was looking to open up their Holiday season.

One of the UK newspaper's had a story to that effect but the Spanish PM seems to have a different view. Personally I'm planning nothing travel related. The only certain thing is that's it's all very uncertain 😞

• Like 1