On Board Credit

Fisherwoman

I'm afraid not.

About 7 years ago, they were doing a "Double OBC" promotion. We received $1950 EACH.

Towards the end of the trip, we kept checking the balance, then with 2 days to go, her indoors went on a shopping spree. We messed up and managed to leave $50 behind, but couldn't complain.

9 hours ago, Fisherwoman said:

I have a large on board credit for my next Cunard cruise.  If I don't use it all, do they refund it?

It may depend on the source of the on board credit.

• If it's from a promotion [from Cunard or a Travel Agent] then anything unused evaporates at the end of the cruise.
  • If it was an explicit purchase [by you] then it may be refunded [depending on what was presented as the terms and conditions of sale to the purchaser].

2 hours ago, TheOldBear said:

It may depend on the source of the on board credit.

• If it's from a promotion [from Cunard or a Travel Agent] then anything unused evaporates at the end of the cruise.
  • If it was an explicit purchase [by you] then it may be refunded [depending on what was presented as the terms and conditions of sale to the purchaser].

Would it actually be refunded by a cash payment, or carried forward to use as a credit on a subsequent cruise?

20 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Would it actually be refunded by a cash payment, or carried forward to use as a credit on a subsequent cruise?

If you wish to liquidate OBC into cash, do what a guest mentioned to me durning a conversation in the C Club one evening.

Ask friends if there was anything they wanted, suggesting you would buy on their behalf and be paid on return home.  Take list, go to shop, note prices, send email, get confirmation, purchase.

Can be anything from perfumes to Maui Jim’s