Pricing Breakdown of Mock Booking

Ethanol95

I came across an extremely low price for a 4 night on Quantum in early Feb and when looking at the price breakdown, I don't quite understand what 'Add-on's' are? There's clearly a separate section for taxes and fees. So what are they? FYI, i selected all standard options, i didn't choose a particular cabin which might have cost more due to location. Total cost would be $603, forgot to screenshot that.

Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 6.16.41 PM.png

Edited by Ethanol95

It’s pre paid gratuities if I’m not wrong. Seems like there maybe a glitch on their website that auto adds in the gratuities even before you selected. My booking had added gratuities even though it’s star class. RCL say it may be an issue with their site

Edited by LogicallyLazy

30 minutes ago, LogicallyLazy said:

It’s pre paid gratuities if I’m not wrong. Seems like there maybe a glitch on their website that auto adds in the gratuities even before you selected. My booking had added gratuities even though it’s star class. RCL say it may be an issue with their site

But in the end that 'add-on' (gratuities) will have to be paid for as well right, regardless of class? It seems pretty high...

Edited by Ethanol95

2 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

I came across an extremely low price for a 4 night on Quantum in early Feb and when looking at the price breakdown, I don't quite understand what 'Add-on's' are? There's clearly a separate section for taxes and fees. So what are they? FYI, i selected all standard options, i didn't choose a particular cabin which might have cost more due to location. Total cost would be $603, forgot to screenshot that.

Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 6.16.41 PM.png

What is the date and is this in US$

2 hours ago, LogicallyLazy said:

Star class has complimentary gratuities but other than that, all other rooms have the option to pre pay their gratuities. USD$14.50 per person per night for junior suite and below. USD$17.50 for grand suite and above. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/en/faq/questions/onboard-service-gratuity-expense

Is it just me or is that higher than we paid before this system of pre-paid gratuities came into play?

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What is the date and is this in US$

4th Feb. Prices are in SGD

14 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Is it just me or is that higher than we paid before this system of pre-paid gratuities came into play?

4th Feb. Prices are in SGD

Forgot I can’t book these but,

Is it the new fee for the Covid test.  Thought I read that it was only free for sailings through the end of January. 

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Forgot I can’t book these but,

Is it the new fee for the Covid test.  Thought I read that it was only free for sailings through the end of January. 

The fee is included in the taxes and fees. 

Okay my mistake. This is what I got from a local travel agency called CityState Cruises. This states that tax+fees range $114SGD-134SGD. I guess this means that booking officially through Royal is no longer paid for. But through a local agency, it's packaged? But still, can the tax and fees differ from $54SGD(see first post), to $134SGD? Taxes and fees should only be taxes and fees.

Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 9.48.14 PM.png

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It makes sense for them to list the Covid test separate from the taxes and fees.  Eventually the Covid test requirement will go away.  Better to keep the taxes and fees consistent in what the6 are instead of burying another item in there.

For which? The agency or RCL?