Scammers?

Daniel A

12 hours ago, clo said:

So what have you done with the stones? I assume the tuxedo was worn on cruises. Men I've known have been a little disappointed in the suits they've bought in China. Too loose fitting. Glad that wasn't your experience.

Gave them away for presents... like 4 Kr topaz and .00.. Turned down diamonds 2k for $500 VSI !    The Miki Modo 9 mill opera strand for $300 was a steal....     Wore tux to formal occasions not just cruise...   Got a Gives Hawks suit for business wn in London in the 80's and the pound hit $1 parity...  loaded up on Burberrys and Turnbull Asser stuff too... In fact I am wearing the Gives today for a function  after 40 years is still fits.

• Haha 1

Sort of a scam........I was coming back from shore on a ship & was going through the metal detector. I had put my purse etc on the conveyor belt. The person in front of me hesitated at the metal detector allowing my items to be on the other side out of my vision. I went through & my purse was gone! I ran to the guy who had stalled in the detector & he had it under the coat he was carrying. I grabbed it & he acted like he didn't know what was going on. It turned out he was some sort of engine room worker on the ship. I now will never put items on the scanner until the detector is clear.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Sort of a scam........I was coming back from shore on a ship & was going through the metal detector. I had put my purse etc on the conveyor belt. The person in front of me hesitated at the metal detector allowing my items to be on the other side out of my vision. I went through & my purse was gone! I ran to the guy who had stalled in the detector & he had it under the coat he was carrying. I grabbed it & he acted like he didn't know what was going on. It turned out he was some sort of engine room worker on the ship. I now will never put items on the scanner until the detector is clear.

Was this an Oceania ship?

59 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Was this an Oceania ship?

It was an NCL ship. I reported it to security & I believe they would have fired him if that's what I wanted(he asked me what I would like done). I said no, I wasn't prepared to have someone loose his job although I think he should have.

3 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Absolutely a scam!  I just now learned that maybe it's best to wait until it is your turn to go through the metal detector before putting your personal belongings through.  Had to be a pretty dumb crew member.  Nobody ever said criminals were mostly Rhodes Scholars!  😄 

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

It was an NCL ship. I reported it to security & I believe they would have fired him if that's what I wanted(he asked me what I would like done). I said no, I wasn't prepared to have someone loose his job although I think he should have.

I would think some type of appropriate disciplinary action would have been taken.  At the very least the incident should have ended up in a written report to the Captain for his evaluation and decision.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I would think some type of appropriate disciplinary action would have been taken.  At the very least the incident should have ended up in a written report to the Captain for his evaluation and decision.

If the crewmember was a part of a ring that would not only take the cash but sell the pax's  info on the dark web, then sympathy is misguided.  That creep could cause years of misery on the victim.   I would have had him not only disciplined but removed from the ship without pay.  Yeah I believe in "walk the plank" punishment.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

If the crewmember was a part of a ring that would not only take the cash but sell the pax's  info on the dark web, then sympathy is misguided.  That creep could cause years of misery on the victim.   I would have had him not only disciplined but removed from the ship without pay.  Yeah I believe in "walk the plank" punishment.

I think it's highly inappropriate that the passenger was asked what she wanted done.

• Like 3