Signature Beverage Package - Crown Royal?

DaveOKC

Apologies because I’m sure this has been asked and answered before but is an $11 glass of wine or drink covered by the Signature Beverage Package or do you have to allow for taxes and gratuities?

Thank you

1 hour ago, Divi said:

Apologies because I’m sure this has been asked and answered before but is an $11 glass of wine or drink covered by the Signature Beverage Package or do you have to allow for taxes and gratuities?

Thank you

No, you don’t have to allow for the gratuities.  They are included in the SBP so as long as the drink is $11 or less, you are fine.

Taxes are only charged in some ports where it is required (ie Spain) until you are in International waters.  Otherwise they do not apply.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 1:38 PM, Crew News said:

Here is the bar menu from my last cruise 12/19:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Bar-Menu.pdf

Thank you for posting this and it looks like most of my favorite drinks and spirits are covered by the SBP.  However if I want a better selection of wines by the glass, I may need to upgrade to the Elite package on our Westerdam cruise in September.  With so many now getting the SBP included in their cruise fare, I wonder if these prices will go up for  some of the premium spirits to over $11 when cruises resume.

A friend pointed out that when the SBP is offered as a promotion, it is valued at $44.95 pp/day. Upgrading to the Elite Pkg isn’t really worthwhile with that difference. Less expensive to order and pay for a premium drink if you want one.

2 hours ago, Divi said:

A friend pointed out that when the SBP is offered as a promotion, it is valued at $44.95 pp/day. Upgrading to the Elite Pkg isn’t really worthwhile with that difference. Less expensive to order and pay for a premium drink if you want one.

It depends on what you drink and how often. HAL's regular beverage package (SBP) covers a lot, but if your drink of choice is not covered, or if you want a bigger selection of wines, upgrading can make sense.

In our case, we covered the upgrade cost easily. Often by lunchtime. We are a thirsty traveling sort of people.

Regardless of what you decide, the math required to make the decision is pretty easy. Things will be somewhat complicated until we see what the drink menus look like once sailings resume. (Absolutely willing to take one for the team and explore the options. I think they even have a special lounge for Exploring.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, POA1 said:

It depends on what you drink and how often. HAL's regular beverage package (SBP) covers a lot, but if your drink of choice is not covered, or if you want a bigger selection of wines, upgrading can make sense.

In our case, we covered the upgrade cost easily. Often by lunchtime. We are a thirsty traveling sort of people.

Regardless of what you decide, the math required to make the decision is pretty easy. Things will be somewhat complicated until we see what the drink menus look like once sailings resume. (Absolutely willing to take one for the team and explore the options. I think they even have a special lounge for Exploring.)

I agree, all it would take is 1 glass of $15 wine at dinner to cover the extra cost per day for the Elite upgrade. That math makes good sense for us.

How are drinks over the (Elite Package) $15 handled?  If, for example, you wanted a drink that cost $20, are you charged the $5 difference between the $15 and the $20 cost of the drink -- or are you charged the full $20 (plus gratuity since the drink is outside of the package)?

12 minutes ago, golfguyhhi said:

How are drinks over the (Elite Package) $15 handled?  If, for example, you wanted a drink that cost $20, are you charged the $5 difference between the $15 and the $20 cost of the drink -- or are you charged the full $20 (plus gratuity since the drink is outside of the package)?

Full price plus gratuity.

Edited by Crew News