Where do people buy/sell FCC's?

TheFinalWord

From the "words are important" department...

Don't confuse FCCs (the credits given to people who have cruises cancelled) with CruiseNexts (credits that people buy onboard the ship that can be transferred/sold to others). 

The buying/selling that is prohibited on this site is with CruiseNexts.

On 1/27/2021 at 8:13 PM, TheFinalWord said:

I understand it is not allowed to sell on this site, but is there a general site or place that people buy and sell these credits?

Thanks

Facebook has a page for both  NCL Cruisenext and  NCl Future cruise credits. many have been bought and sold there but most want a discount of 25to 35% of total value of the FCC

Edited by cruisingrandy

46 minutes ago, cruisingrandy said:

Facebook has a page for both  NCL Cruisenext and  NCl Future cruise credits. many have been bought and sold there but most want a discount of 25to 35% of total value of the FCC

With the risk involved, as a buyer that's the minimum discount I would expect otherwise there is no point in taking the gamble.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

With the risk involved, as a buyer that's the minimum discount I would expect otherwise there is no point in taking the gamble.

I totally agree with you but some think they should get full price even with the extra 25 % they got free. I have seen some sold for as much as 40% discount.  Cruisenext are only be sold for what you paid or less since you got the onboard credit when u bought them

47 minutes ago, cruisingrandy said:

I totally agree with you but some think they should get full price even with the extra 25 % they got free. I have seen some sold for as much as 40% discount.  Cruisenext are only be sold for what you paid or less since you got the onboard credit when u bought them

Agreed, I would want 35/40% off to warrant the risk personally, I buy cruisenext if I don't have enough, that gives me 50% off.

• Like 1

For the record I have seen CN sell for less then they are paid for during the pandemic as well.  The FCC discount is because it is a MUCH BIGGER risk (lots more cash tied up), and I have even heard if you transfer the 25% bonus does NOT transfer, it get's lost.  Not sure if that is true or not, but it's a big risk, and that is why I have not pulled the trigger on any FCC yet.  I have been watching that group since the week it opened, and have had FCC offered to me for over 35% off (through DM), but I was on the fence and turned them down.

not sure I understand what you mean by "the risk" - please explain so that I can learn more about it.  Is the process different to exchange CN certificate with a total stranger vs. FCC??  certain level of trust involved in both transactions, no?  

For me, the risk in buying anything to do with cruising is: will we be able to cruise within the timeframe set out by the NCL, for example, FCCs you need to have a cruise booked (for now anyway) by June 30/21 and sail by Dec. 31st/22; for CNCs it depends what dates are specified on the CNCs.  

Others may have different ideas of what they consider risks, these are just mine. 

Edited by All-ready2cruise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, margie1221 said:

not sure I understand what you mean by "the risk" - please explain so that I can learn more about it.  Is the process different to exchange CN certificate with a total stranger vs. FCC??  certain level of trust involved in both transactions, no?  

The risk is swapping good hard cash for cruise vouchers that could end up valueless, I guess the risk is similar to CN but much higher $ amount, some people are selling huge value FCC's.

So the risk is I buy a $10,000 FCC with a booking expiry of June 2021 and book a cruise in 2022 and that cruise gets cancelled, as things stand right now, I lose that $10,000. 

NCL may allow FCCs that have been used by the expiry date on a future cruise that later gets cancelled to be reused but right now that is not the case.

For this risk, I would want a 35% discount minimum. 

• Like 2