Hawaii Sailings

Morebeer

Good Day. Per John Heald's recent announcement am I missing something. He announced the Carnival Miracle was suspending service from San Diego Ca until further notice. With the exception of 7 Hawaii sailings being moved to Long Beach Ca on a 14 day itinerary. I'm having trouble finding those 7 Hawaii sailings out of Long Beach for a 14 day itinerary on the Carnival website? Due to the pandemic are the dates for these sailings not yet available? Thank You. 

49 minutes ago, Morebeer said:

Good Day. Per John Heald's recent announcement am I missing something. He announced the Carnival Miracle was suspending service from San Diego Ca until further notice. With the exception of 7 Hawaii sailings being moved to Long Beach Ca on a 14 day itinerary. I'm having trouble finding those 7 Hawaii sailings out of Long Beach for a 14 day itinerary on the Carnival website? Due to the pandemic are the dates for these sailings not yet available? Thank You. 

We are on one of those Hawaii cruises. Received an e-mail explaining the situation. They will be moving all bookings to Long Beach by the middle of February. Carnival has to get all the logistics ironed out. Once that’s done  they most likely will again put what’s available back up for sale. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, skrufy said:

We are on one of those Hawaii cruises. Received an e-mail explaining the situation. They will be moving all bookings to Long Beach by the middle of February. Carnival has to get all the logistics ironed out. Once that’s done  they most likely will again put what’s available back up for sale. Hope this helps.

I'll be watching out to book. Love Hawaii out of Long Beach.

5 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Given that the CDC has ruled out any sailings from the US over 7 days, I don't expect that those cruises will go, unless they are after November.

Yeah, we're booked on the first available Hawaii cruise in November, albeit on Grand Princess.  Really hoping the CDC doesn't extend the 7 day limit past November. 🤞

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Most are in the 1st qtr of 2022.

Our cruise is the last of November 2021.  Carnival is still telling us it will cruise BUT they cut it from 15 to 14 nights for some reason.  I wonder how the change of 7 night maximum to 14 is going to work?  Maybe I should just get my money back and wait until next year to rebook. I am worried.

I suspect they have to do all the paperwork for those of us that were already booked (the OBC  plus the one day pro-rated back).  There was also a date where people had option to cancel.  I imagine everything will go back up with available spaces once all that is done.

Edited by Shih-tzu
Mis-spelling

On 1/29/2021 at 2:10 PM, HenanSan said:

Our cruise is the last of November 2021.  Carnival is still telling us it will cruise BUT they cut it from 15 to 14 nights for some reason.  I wonder how the change of 7 night maximum to 14 is going to work?  Maybe I should just get my money back and wait until next year to rebook. I am worried.

I believe the change was to accommodate the other Carnival ships leaving from Long B

each. Panorama leaves on Saturdays, and the 3 and 4 day cruises leave on Fridays and Mondays. Therefore we needed to leave on Sunday. 

Edited by DANCING GRANDMOMMY
Grammar

2 hours ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

I believe the change was to accommodate the other Carnival ships leaving from Long B

each. Panorama leaves on Saturdays, and the 3 and 4 day cruises leave on Fridays and Mondays. Therefore we needed to leave on Sunday. 

There are plans afoot to add a second berth in Long Beach, obviously delayed, but they might reclaim some land from the sea for a resort hotel. 

1 hour ago, Moviela said:

There are plans afoot to add a second berth in Long Beach, obviously delayed, but they might reclaim some land from the sea for a resort hotel. 

I highly doubt that will happen for at least another 5 years. Carnival already made it work with 3 ships as they can do it again at Long Beach.

Our Hawaii cruise on the Miracle was, I believe, the last one to be cancelled.  The dates were October 16-31.  The November and beyond cruises are moved to Long Beach as the port of departure.  The logistics haven't been figured out, yet.  My PVP suggested that there would be limited rooms available on the remaining 7 Hawaiian cruises, due to probably NOT sailing at capacity.  So, I guess we'll wait a few years for Hawaii.  I booked a southern Caribbean cruise for next February (2022), instead.  Hoping and praying things will be up and running by then!

On 2/3/2021 at 7:35 PM, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

Thank you for the research / logic.  Makes sense.  Now we have to wait and see what gets chopped from the itinerary to squeeze everything into 14 days.