Positivity Thread!

ScratchTheRat

I miss lunch at the Mongolian grill.........   oh and my blue margarita,  I've tried making them at home but its just not the same !!   I so miss waking up in the morning and having a coffee and fruit plate on our balcony to start the day.  Been on many cruises so even port days  we take our time.... no rushing to excursions for us anymore.  

1 hour ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

I LOVE the fruit soups!!  But I miss the creme brulee the most.

I don't specifically recall the fruit soups, but I know I have never had a lousy soup on Carnival.  They are uniformly good.  And yes, the creme brulee!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nycruise1 said:

CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!

I literally have it every night.  Which does mean I miss out on all the other desserts at dinner.  But after a full dinner and CMC I am just too full for anything else.  But I think once this is all over and we finally start cruising again I still will get CMC since I am unable to give it up 😊 but I might have a taste of some of the other desserts some nights too.

Meh. The chocolate melting cake on Carnival has become worse and worse as time goes on. Now you’re lucky if it’s prepared properly. 

For me it’s that first sailing out of home port. It’s just such a feeling of adventure/fantasy. I giggle about 90% of the answers are food related.... 😋. I received my first vaccine today, back on feb 19 for 2nd dose. We are getting closer to this coming to an end. It will be a while but there is a light at the end of the very long tunnel!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kona_wahine said:

I giggle about 90% of the answers are food related.... 😋

The OP had led with this, why is how the food theme started: 

So let's start with.... what meal/food item are you missing most from your Carnival Cruise? 

Something else we enjoy, which is only on the Spirit class ships, is Chopsticks.  It is different than the Mongolian Wok as there are about 3 different entrees which rotate for a few days and then repeat, so on a 7 day cruise, each entree shows up about twice.  I get it almost everyday, sometimes just the fried rice or an egg roll to supplement whatever else I might have from the rest of the buffet.  We sail alot on the Pride out of Baltimore and it is another plus for the Pride.

one of the best things we like is having a week long designated driver that we know will get us where we need to be. as far as food, our biggest problem is we like it all and eat too much of it. we have had 18 cruises and not even thinking about slowing down. have 3 book now in 2022 and 2023.

• Like 1

Even after 55 cruises, DH and I love to see the ships' fantails as we get close to the ports and can see them. That never gets old. We live near Tampa and were in Tampa recently to have lunch at the famous Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City. It's about a mile from the Port of Tampa - no fantails in sight though.

I miss Peach Bellinis. We have tried to make them at home, but they are never as good as those made by a cruise ship bartender. Must be the ambience.

Also love Guy's Burgers with all the condiments. DH and I split a couple of Chocolate Melting Cakes on each cruise - yum!

Our favorite port is San Juan.  There is something magical about San Juan for us.

We also like getting our morning omelets from our omelet chef.  The DW is always disappointed on other cruise lines when the omelet chefs do not remember us or what we like in our omelets. Seems that Carnival does something right in choosing their chefs.  

There is good news on the Covid situation in the US.

New cases are in a hard free fall and hospitalizations are declining sharply.

Very impressive considering testing has only dropped back a bit.

Es8PbtUUYAYQ0Qk.jpeg?itok=fnoL8NzI

Deaths are still high but we all know they lag behind the Hospitalized load so they should start a sharp drop within a couple of weeks.

The thing to watch is if the Daily Case counts continue to drop below the Sept low or even below the June low in the graph.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 7:23 PM, xDisconnections said:

Meh. The chocolate melting cake on Carnival has become worse and worse as time goes on. Now you’re lucky if it’s prepared properly. 

Another case lacking positivity!!

I miss Guy's Burgers & Warm Chocolate melting cake!!