Questions from a HAL first timer

Anubi

We are very happy to be booked on the Volendam and I went to my booking to check a few things out.   

I was unable to see what bed configuration or which dining time we have.  Is it available somewhere in my booking and I'm just not looking in the right place?  

FWIW we usually cruise Princess and that information is on the first page. 

1 hour ago, Anubi said:

Booked thru a TA, so no details on booking form.  Best idea would be to contact her and see what's up.  Thx for the help.  🙂 

My TA always sends me a copy of my confirmation as soon as she receives it from HAL.........maybe your TA did as well, check your junk mail....if not there, then call.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2021 at 12:00 PM, Anubi said:

I was unable to see what bed configuration or which dining time we have.

I have a web site that has many Photos / descriptions / videos of Cruise ship rooms

If there are none for your particular cabin - one can "usually" figure out how your specific  looks.

I use it to make sure of the cabin - before I close the booking - or if cogitating a move

I also have a pretty good site for seeing which cabins are currently available

@Anubiyou can also take a peak at HALFacts.com - there are lots of cabin pics there and a lot of general information as well that you may find helpful.

I don’t see your specific number but there are a couple that are in the same area.  Just look at the R class.  Don’t worry if it doesn’t say Volendam.  Rotterdam and Zaandam are pretty much identical as to cabins and layout.

Noordam can be a bit different IME.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, kazu said:

@Anubiyou can also take a peak at HALFacts.com - there are lots of cabin pics there and a lot of general information as well that you may find helpful.

I don’t see your specific number but there are a couple that are in the same area.  Just look at the R class.  Don’t worry if it doesn’t say Volendam.  Rotterdam and Zaandam are pretty much identical as to cabins and layout.

Noordam can be a bit different IME.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for that link. 💗 Awesome...especially on a cold snowy day.  🙂 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Anubi said:

CA3351 and thanks.  🙂 

You picked a good room, lower promenade, starboard side, you're in a lanai, which means a sliding door to the promenade deck, not too far from the elevators, and you can have two beds or convert to one queen..

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 2:14 PM, RGEDad said:

I also have a pretty good site for seeing which cabins are currently available

If this site shows more than the 10 cabins that the HAL site typically shows, could you share it please (assuming it is not against the guidelines) please?  Thanks.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Anubi said:

CA3351

As others have said :It is a Lanai - Slider door to the deck

Look at the site - https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/member/Volendam

Select Deck 3 - Look at cabin 3339 - It should be an exact copy -

There are also more photos of the cabin, and areas outside the cabin

(Room layouts reverse every other cabin to enable common plumbing/electrical runs between cabins)

Really only important if you and /or your signifiant other is particular/peculiar about which side he/she sleeps on with respect to the door/window/TV etc - DAMHIK

Volendam - 3339 Cabin1.png

Volendam - 3339 Cabin2.png

Volendam - 3339 Cabin Shower.png

19 hours ago, kazu said:

If this site shows more than the 10 cabins that the HAL site typically shows, could you share it please (assuming it is not against the guidelines) please?

It shows all available rooms on the ship, Selected by category, and within each category an image for each deck the shows available cabins. Since I typically sail in VA, VB, or VC cabins I just open one tab for each and find and acceptable cabin. Really, really helpful if booking late, and there are few cabins available that meet one's need.

Since it is a booking site - I do not think I can place it here - and I certainly do not want the Cruise Critic Constables (CCC) to come knocking at my door. But, if you PM me I will certainly respond with the site link. 

17 minutes ago, RGEDad said:

It shows all available rooms on the ship, Selected by category, and within each category an image for each deck the shows available cabins. Since I typically sail in VA, VB, or VC cabins I just open one tab for each and find and acceptable cabin. Really, really helpful if booking late, and there are few cabins available that meet one's need.

Since it is a booking site - I do not think I can place it here - and I certainly do not want the Cruise Critic Constables (CCC) to come knocking at my door. But, if you PM me I will certainly respond with the site link. 

Thanks - can’t PM on CC unfortunately and I certainly don’t want to get you in trouble.  Too bad you can’t give a hint.  

I’ll just have to keep digging.  I’ve never seen a site that shows all available cabins.