Cunard’s My Account Is Now Live!

57eric

We've been discussing this roll-out of the "My Account" functionality in North America to some extent about half way down on this earlier thread when I noticed it was first available to us here on January 28th.

'Signing' into Cunard Website

I think we're in agreement in that discussion that this is primarily for marketing purposes. It's an extension to North America of the "My Account" functionality that has been available in the UK for some time now to supply marketing preferences to Cunard.

I suspect part of the motivation for it being rolled out now in North America is that the functionality to display FCC amounts was recently added in the UK. Unfortunately I don't have an FCC amount to verify if that functionality exists now in North America.

If you (or anyone else in North America) have an FCC amount with Cunard, could you let me know if it now shows your FCC amount in a banner at the top of voyage search results, after you have logged in and started a voyage search?

As far as I know, it doesn't show FCC amounts (or anything else particularly useful) within your "My Account" profile, but we had a report from Host Hattie on that either thread showing FCC amounts in the banner at the top of the voyage search results on the Cunard UK website when logged in.

Edited by bluemarble

Blue Marble, I should have known I couldn't beat you to the punch.  I didn't scroll back far enough before deciding this should be a new thread.

Sorry, no FCC (was able to get actual refunds).

One way this site could have some value is not having to log in multiple times to check multiple bookings.  Can anyone verify?

Nothing yet rolled out on the Australia site for "My Account".  We're still on the old pages with only the "Manage my booking" link. 

image.thumb.png.f469b5a0a245f6678762ad80ff75dc22.png

We do get the generic FCC banner when searching for voyages.

image.thumb.png.74e43eef12a585de4789fc53c72dbf6f.png

Edited by sfred

As I noted on the other thread, the 'My Account' registration does not like the strong passwords generated by Apple Safari or other password managers. 

It seems to enforce some old style rules for passwords that are 'difficult for humans to remember, easy for computers to crack'

1 hour ago, TheOldBear said:

As I noted on the other thread, the 'My Account' registration does not like the strong passwords generated by Apple Safari or other password managers. 

It seems to enforce some old style rules for passwords that are 'difficult for humans to remember, easy for computers to crack'

The kicker with using passwords generated by some password generators is that the Cunard "My Account" password cannot contain the dash character. Here are the rules for creating the "My Account" password.

"Password must contain at least [6] characters and 3 of the following: An uppercase letter, lowercase letter, a number, a symbol(such as !@#$%^&*)"

Oddly the message about "Password Strength" which lists the requirements omits the "6" as the minimum number of characters. That's why I included the 6 within square brackets in the quote above. I determined the password had to be at least 6 characters by experimentation.

Edited by bluemarble

I had set up "My Account" some time ago - nothing new today, although I received the email from Cunard.  The email told me my World Club number, but my profile didn't know it.  I put in my booking number, and it did acknowledge that, but has nothing to add about my past travels, etc.

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

I had set up "My Account" some time ago - nothing new today, although I received the email from Cunard.  The email told me my World Club number, but my profile didn't know it.  I put in my booking number, and it did acknowledge that, but has nothing to add about my past travels, etc.

Do you recall how you set up your "My Account" some time ago?

I do know at least up until our 2020 voyage was cancelled some time ago there was a link in the voyage personaliser (aka "My Cunard") to specify "Marketing Options" that erroneously directed us in the US to a Cunard UK webpage to create a "My Account". If you followed that (or a similar) process, I fear you might have created a "My Account" for the UK. We've received reports here in the past that a UK "My Account" won't accept a North American Cunard World Club Number.

Just thinking out loud here since the ability to create a "My Account" that's meant for a US customer is apparently a new thing. That's only been working for a week now as far as I know. Of course I can't speak to the process in Canada with any real certainty. Perhaps the "My Account" situation is different in Canada.

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

Do you recall how you set up your "My Account" some time ago?

I do know at least up until our 2020 voyage was cancelled some time ago there was a link in the voyage personaliser (aka "My Cunard") to specify "Marketing Options" that erroneously directed us in the US to a Cunard UK webpage to create a "My Account". If you followed that (or a similar) process, I fear you might have created a "My Account" for the UK. We've received reports here in the past that a UK "My Account" won't accept a North American Cunard World Club Number.

Just thinking out loud here since the ability to create a "My Account" that's meant for a US customer is apparently a new thing. That's only been working for a week now as far as I know. Of course I can't speak to the process in Canada with any real certainty. Perhaps the "My Account" situation is different in Canada.

You may have solved the mystery as to why my 'My Account' which I created last year  would not accept my world club membership number - and I'm in Australia.

There was also a stage the Cunard website went through where it would automatically direct me away from the Australian site if I clicked on 'My Booking' and would then proceed to reject my information, because it was meaningless to the UK site. So I had to repeat it until it was rejected and would then revert to the Australian site.

Making functional website must be awfully difficult! 😉

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, 57eric said:

Am I correct that My Account and My Cunard are, for all practical purposes, disconnected from each other?  It seems unbelievable.

Just some of the many failings on the [USA] web site [like not being able to display bed configuration or dining table requests in 'my cunard']

I am rather hoping that 'my account' will eventually regain some of the wold club information - and provide access to past sailing info & upcoming sailings - but I would not expect that on any reasonable schedule.

Edited by TheOldBear
spelling

34 minutes ago, 57eric said:

Am I correct that My Account and My Cunard are, for all practical purposes, disconnected from each other?  It seems unbelievable.

That's correct. My understanding of what your "My Account" does is that it establishes a login to the main Cunard website ("www.cunard.com") which associates your email address with your Cunard World Club number. That login to the main Cunard website only does these three things that I have been able to determine.

1) Allows you to specify your communication preferences to Cunard for marketing purposes.

2) May show you how much FCC you have while searching for and booking voyages.

3) Populates most of the details for the "Primary traveler" from your "My Account" profile when booking a voyage on the Cunard website.

The other "My Cunard" functionality is basically the old "Voyage Personaliser" with a new look (now at "my.cunard.com" rather than "vp.cunard.com"). The login to "My Cunard" is still based on your booking reference number for one specific voyage. It does not appear to be connected in any way to your "My Account" profile.