Am I crazy

Dbears

I am scheduled for a cruise Trade Routes of Middle Ages leaving Barcelona in late April.   I opened up the page and saw there was an important notice which I thought was a cancellation but instead they offered a chance to book tours, schedule dinners and purchase drinks package.  Am I crazy or does Viking really think this might happen?

We booked all our excursions when invited last July for ‘Into the Midnight Sun’ and had fun pretending.  Now rescheduled to June 2021 and keeping fingers crossed.  We’ve had our first vaccine, but everything depends on so many things beyond our control. 

• Like 1

We are also booked (actually rebooked from 2020) on the Early April Trade Routes of the Middle Ages. Email today from our AAA travel agent indicated that all Viking cruises through end of March were cancelled a few days ago. He anticipates the April cruises will be cancelled any day now. Last week Carnival and Royal Caribbean cancelled all cruises until October, 2021. Hopeful for another 125% windfall from Viking!

Patiently waiting!

1 hour ago, pineapple1176 said:

Hopeful for another 125% windfall from Viking!

Just keep in mind that the 125% is not figured on existing vouchers but only on cash payments for that sailing. 

• If your cruise cost $10,000 and $10,000 was paid in vouchers, the vouchers will simply be returned to your account at the face value.
  • If you only paid with $8000 in vouchers and the balance on your credit card, the vouchers will be returned to your account and you will be offered the choice of  $2,500 in vouchers or $2000 credit back to your credit card for the cash balance on your account.
  • If you used e-check for the cash balance, the actual amount you paid, the amount after the 3.3% savings will be the basis for the 125% voucher or %100% cash back to your bank account.

Remember that if you want your cash back, there is a firm deadline by which you must request it. The details are in the cancellation e-mail that each guest will receive.

• Like 1

Got our official notice from Viking that our April Trade Routes of the Middle Ages ocean cruise has been cancelled. All cruises through May 31, 2021 have been cancelled. They are offering the same 125% to rebook on top of the previous 125% if you rebooked in 2020, which we did. However, we are “jumping ship” and asking for a full refund. Things are just too iffy and they have already had our $$ for over a year.

Hopefully we will be able to return to cruising in the future.

• Like 1