The Daily for Thursday Feb 11, 2021

richwmn

15 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

It is for Chinese New Year, which is today for you but tomorrow for us. Here is a sneak peek at the finished product, since by tomorrow CNY will be over for you.

33FF9362-2599-453F-9FE3-9F247640641A.thumb.jpeg.9015662103ecc927c3a154639f02dadb.jpeg

🌺OMGOSH!!! Both David and myself thought you knocked this out of the park!! You are very talented! Just got home from a very long long vaccine drive and naturally I had to check CC!! From your first photo to this is like night and day! 👍👍VERY IMPRESSIVE!

I was hoping that we would hear about our dear Roy!😞I hope he is doing well and is out and about real soon!

🌺Thank you so much for the Pagoda and the reminder of Lunar New Years!

Denise😊

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Allen's 2nd vaccine was yesterday. A bit sore when waking but now feels fine.

🌺🌺

Good evening my sweet sister!!

Just got home from a very long day with 2nd doses! Done very well and now is time to relax! That is very good for Allen in regards to having a reaction that is somewhat common and mild. 
Having some joint soreness is common 

and they are realizing that all of us of a certain age LOL has build up more immunity over our years than our younger generations which could experience more reactions. 
Hope your both doing well!!  Going to have a glass of Prosecco and a nice dinner!

Pray and think of Roy all the time! He has been on my mind all day! GODBLESS him

and also his brother.

😍 Love to you

• Like 8

13 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Today I head back to the gym for a couple classes. Looking forward to Pilates the most. And I have graduated from a gauze lad to a bandaid! A lovely purple sport bandaid! Woo hoo. Salmon tonight, I think. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Hurry back Roy! Cheers to all who are celebrating. Stay well everyone

🌺How’s my sister in Florida?

Had a long vaccine day and it was for 2nd shots. Had Roy on my mind all day! Miss him.

So where was the area of concern on your foot? I had an area on my toe and had to be from all the kayaking! Never thought to use sun screen way back when! Happy your back doing what you love ❤️ 

Sleep well and hug Bindi for me

Denise😊

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

It is for Chinese New Year, which is today for you but tomorrow for us. Here is a sneak peek at the finished product, since by tomorrow CNY will be over for you.

33FF9362-2599-453F-9FE3-9F247640641A.thumb.jpeg.9015662103ecc927c3a154639f02dadb.jpeg

Not really over.  I think Chinese New Year lasts for 16 days.  I have a little understanding of it as my DW is Chinese.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, richwmn said:

I left there March 1975 after 7 months. Really enjoyed the place.

I enjoy these Navy and CT conversations, but I wonder how many of the people watching really know what we are talking about.  People often thank me for my service.  I don't need thanks: I actually enjoyed my 20 years service.  I started as a deck ape.  Then became a clerk.  Found I liked the Navy, reenlisted, and they sent me to a number of electronics schools.  Enjoyed learning and teaching, made CPO while teaching at ET(B) school and then was promoted to Warrant Officer.  Sent to Vietnam as the Electronics Repair Officer on the USS Hector (AR-7).  Then spent 3 years in the Philippines as the Ground Electronics at Naval Air Station Cubi Point, RP.  Then to Hawaii as Assistant Officer in Charge of a satellite tracking facility.  From 1961 to 1963 I was stationed in Taipei, Taiwan.  Studied Chinese and married my Chinese teacher.  So as you can see, I enjoyed my Navy career.

Ray

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Thanks for your reply and this photo of your completed creation, it's really fantastic.

Do you make one each year?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺How’s my sister in Florida?

Had a long vaccine day and it was for 2nd shots. Had Roy on my mind all day! Miss him.

So where was the area of concern on your foot? I had an area on my toe and had to be from all the kayaking! Never thought to use sun screen way back when! Happy your back doing what you love ❤️ 

Sleep well and hug Bindi for me

Denise😊

Wishing you & David a wonderful 50th anniversary weekend.  I will toast the two of you tomorrow. 

My problem was on the top of my foot just above my toes. Bindi grunted when I hugged her for you.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺

Good evening my sweet sister!!

Just got home from a very long day with 2nd doses! Done very well and now is time to relax! That is very good for Allen in regards to having a reaction that is somewhat common and mild. 
Having some joint soreness is common 

and they are realizing that all of us of a certain age LOL has build up more immunity over our years than our younger generations which could experience more reactions
Hope your both doing well!!  Going to have a glass of Prosecco and a nice dinner!

Pray and think of Roy all the time! He has been on my mind all day! GODBLESS him

and also his brother.

😍 Love to you

That explains it!  My son told me his friends in his 40's (health practitioners) who received the second shot the same day we did have had a very rough time of it.  They just haven't experienced enough yet!  Thanks for that explanation!

• Like 2