Bathrobes

Sport Goofy

The robes are in all cabins on all ships. A word to the wise, however---

The robes are one size fits most. If you tend to be fluffier than the fabric then you might want to bring your own. They might fit up to size 1X, but not larger.

I had a waffle-style robe in my cabin, but never used it. I also had a GAP card from my TA which would have allowed me to take it home ... and they'll even throw in free monogramming. I wasn't interested. I got them to apply the $45 or so directly to my onboard account for things that I was interested in buying.

But ... you can use it for the week for free.

Can't imagine wanting to buy the robe on a cruise. It would take half your suitcase just to bring it home. If one was in the market for a robe, would seem more practical to just buy one when you get home ... and get the color and style you wanted ... not to mention not having to cart the thing home from a cruise.

Wonder if the suites, though, get the nice terry cloth ones?

Blue skies ...

--rita

You could always wear it home. While I would like to find a waffle weave robe, white would not be my first color choice. With four dogs, it would soon be a muddy paw print color.

I keep looking for the right color, weight fabric so I can make one, but so far haven't found what I want,

I don't understand. One wouldn't use the GAP card to take the robe in their cabin home, would they? Those are recycled ones.

What does "GAP" stand for, in this instance?

Obviously, not the chain of stores of the same name.

My wife and I were on the World Cruise last year, we had a Category D oceanview cabin and we were given the lined terrycloth robes to take home; these were not the robes that were furnished on board during the cruise but new ones that were had our names monogrammed on them. Believe me, they are very comfortable and warm.

Thanks to SEADRIFTER and BELLEBABY - guess I'll use the robe while on board and then perhaps order one when I get home.

The robe from www.shophollandamerica.com is not the same as what is on board the ship and twice as expensive.

I have a HAL robe here given to me by a HAL rep that says Monarch Robe inside and a web address of www.monarchrobe.com.

The robes on the Zuiderdam in the S and SS categories were a waffle exterior and a terry lining.

I had a waffle-style robe in my cabin, but never used it. I also had a GAP card from my TA which would have allowed me to take it home ... and they'll even throw in free monogramming.

--rita

I don't know what a GAP card is either. I was questioning Kyros about his/her statement.

We had the waffle robes on a November HAL Mexico cruise and I was surprised how warm they were. I couldn't tell that much difference between them and the thicker terry ones and frankly I thought they were more comfortable. My DH fell in love with his so surprised him with his very own, monogramed robe for Christmas. He loves it.

We have both types of robes at home. There is a very heavy terrycloth that is all terrycloth and the waffle robes that are commonly in the cabins. The really nice terry robes were part of the "the two of us" package that HAL offers. It's a great package.

Archived