Choosing cruise for the itinerary vs the ship

23 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

That's why I like east bound TA's

Leisurely trip to Europe, arrive fresh, stay a few days. Not much jet lag coming home, and if it does wipe you out, recoup in your own home

I can't convince DW to fly to Europe anymore.  She hates the long flights since mostly we are flying from the west coast.  Maybe I'll try to convince her with your argument... 

23 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

That's why I like east bound TA's

Leisurely trip to Europe, arrive fresh, stay a few days. Not much jet lag coming home, and if it does wipe you out, recoup in your own home

I agree with you.  Even though you lose hours, I like arriving in Europe rested at the end of the TA.  Not exhausted after flying from US to Europe overnight - as most of our flights are.

37 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I can't convince DW to fly to Europe anymore.  She hates the long flights since mostly we are flying from the west coast.  Maybe I'll try to convince her with your argument... 

Yeah, the west crossing TAs are the most relaxing of all cruises.  You are, of course, exhausted getting there, but spend a few days or a week and you are good to go... but the real advantage comes with the 25 hour days crossing.  You sleep schedule is almost perfect when you get off the ship in Ft Lauderdale or Miami.  That is one reason while I have never seriously considered a Eastern crossing in the spring.

JC

• Like 1

Our choice is between itinerary and departure port since I'm still working. I only get so much time off that we plan according to how many vacation days I may have available. If I'm looking at only a week long cruise, we'll drive down to Galveston and cruise on Liberty of the Seas. If I plan far enough out, I can go on longer cruises and we can fly somewhere and take a longer cruise to places we haven't been.