Full refunds now being offered as option for sailings booked through July 31

OceanZena

30 minutes ago, asalligo said:

I am honestly concerned about even January 2022 at this point. No movement has happened on even one test cruise yet. I am starting to worry someone wants the US cruise industry dead. That is why I would love to see Carnival take hold of the Cozumel as a home cruise port idea. I think that the CDC would have internal pressure to get on the ball so to speak if it looked like Carnival might seriously take their ball and play elsewhere. 

The CDC has no concerns that US businesses are failing and school kids are in crisis.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, asalligo said:

I am honestly concerned about even January 2022 at this point. No movement has happened on even one test cruise yet. I am starting to worry someone wants the US cruise industry dead. That is why I would love to see Carnival take hold of the Cozumel as a home cruise port idea. I think that the CDC would have internal pressure to get on the ball so to speak if it looked like Carnival might seriously take their ball and play elsewhere. 

There is no getting around the CDC.

All they have to do is require a mandatory quarantine for anyone returning from Cozumel All Expenses Paid, by you of course.

35 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

There is no getting around the CDC.

All they have to do is require a mandatory quarantine for anyone returning from Cozumel All Expenses Paid, by you of course.

I know, they could certainly press the matter if they wanted to. They hold all the cards. 
This would be harder though with another country to complain. Requiring a quarantine from Mexico alone would be hard to explain and at least Mexico would be able to fight back a little in the public relations venue. 

I haven't received this e mail yet.  We have an Alaskan cruise booked for early June, but Canada is not allowing any cruise ships to stop in their port.  I'm not sure why Carnival hasn't cancelled the cruise unless they are hoping for a miracle from the Canadian government.  We will reschedule for a Caribbean cruise in April 2023 and take the $600 onboard credit.  Hoping cruising will be back to normal or at least close to it by then.

2 hours ago, smurfm69 said:

I haven't received this e mail yet.  We have an Alaskan cruise booked for early June, but Canada is not allowing any cruise ships to stop in their port.  I'm not sure why Carnival hasn't cancelled the cruise unless they are hoping for a miracle from the Canadian government.  We will reschedule for a Caribbean cruise in April 2023 and take the $600 onboard credit.  Hoping cruising will be back to normal or at least close to it by then.

The Alaskan Government is meeting with Canadian officials 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 9:11 AM, OceanZena said:

Just got this e mail today and as some of you know from my previous thread---i'm taking the refund and going to wait things out. I'm so glad they're finally doing something like this instead of us waiting for cancellations. Here's the full e mail I received this morning:

Dear Carnival Cruise Line Guest:

As you know, the return of cruise operations in the U.S. is still not determined. While we await guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we continue to work on our plans and protocols, but we cannot provide our guests with a specific timetable. 

Our operations are currently paused through April 30, 2021.  However, if you are booked on a departure through July 31, 2021 we are prepared to give you some options so you can choose what works best for you and your vacation plans.

Option 1:  Maintain your existing reservation (including making any final payment that might come due) and automatically receive a US$100, per stateroom, onboard credit (OBC) should the cruise operate.  This is in addition to any other OBC currently on the booking.

• If the cruise is eventually cancelled, and you haven’t already received our enhanced value offer, you will be entitled to what we have provided guests throughout this extended pause: a future cruise credit (FCC) for the full amount paid on your booking, PLUS a US$300, per stateroom, OBC (for cruises 5 days or less) or US$600, per stateroom, OBC (for cruises 6 days or more), as long as your FCC is used on a booking made by September 30, 2021 for a sailing departing by April 30, 2023.  At the time of the sailing cancellation, you will still have the option to receive a full refund.

• If you choose this option, you do not have to take any action at this time.  We will continue to keep you informed of the status of your cruise. 

Option 2:   If you are not comfortable waiting, you may cancel any time between now and March 31, 2021 and receive a full refund to your original form of payment. 

• If you booked with an FCC, you will receive a refund for any amount paid above the FCC.  You will retain the FCC (and the accompanying OBC) as long as your next cruise is booked by September 30, 2021 for a sailing departing by April 30, 2023. 

• Taxes, fees and port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, pre-paid gratuities, pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions, beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and Fun Shop purchases will also be automatically refunded to the original form of payment.

• If the cruise is eventually cancelled, and your booking did not already have an FCC/OBC, you will not be eligible for the rebooking offer made to guests who remain on the sailing.

• You may make this selection by using our online tool available here.  There is no need to call.  Our contact center continues to experience a high level of activity and calling will not expedite your refund.

We appreciate your ongoing patience and support and look forward to welcoming you aboard a Carnival ship just as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Christine Duffy
President, Carnival Cruise Line

Got my email for a July 18th cruise.  Seems somewhat confusing, to cancel line one states that full refund will be sent to credit card, but next it tates if you booked with a FCC you would only get a refund of any additional funds, ie final payment ect and must retain the FCC and rebook.  I am reading this wrong?

29 minutes ago, c1croft said:

Got my email for a July 18th cruise.  Seems somewhat confusing, to cancel line one states that full refund will be sent to credit card, but next it tates if you booked with a FCC you would only get a refund of any additional funds, ie final payment ect and must retain the FCC and rebook.  I am reading this wrong?

Perhaps an example will help.  Assuming you paid $1000 for a cruise scheduled before 7/31/21 and paid for it with $750 in CASH and $250 in previously obtained FCC (like from a previously cancelled cruise, for example) Carnival will send back $750 directly to you and put the $250 back in your FCC 'bank'.

My cruise was booked with FCC from cancelled cruise from July 2020.  Since this cruise was higher than last year I have a up coming final payment due in April.  The way it looks to me that since I took FCC rather than refund on my cancelled prior cruise I am stuck with FCC only.  Right or Wrong?

t

My booking is still showing on Carnival website even though I chose the cancellation option yesterday from the e mail they sent. I did receive confirmation that states this:

Thank for you making your online selection. This email acknowledgment confirms that your request has been submitted. By using this automated process, you are helping us efficiently process the many cancellations resulting from our recent announcement. We appreciate your patience as we continue our temporary work from home status related to office closures in South Florida. We are committed to processing all requests as quickly as possible, and look forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Please stay safe and healthy.

So i'm guessing that the booking will remain active until a work from home Carnival rep gets to it? I won't dare cancel it on the website because that may void the refund lol. I guess once it doesn't show anymore it means they finally processed it. 

19 hours ago, smurfm69 said:

We have a May Alaskan cruise booked & same here, radio silence from Carnival.

On 2/15/2021 at 12:14 PM, CruiseHealing said:

This is Carnival setting up the ground rules for the protocols on starting up cruising. Once they announce the new rules to sail, be it May, June or any other month, you will know the rules if you want to cancels because the new protocols are too uncomfortable for you.  This way you can bail on your cruise and know the rules.  Very smart of Carnival to lay down the ground rules before the Protocol Announcement.  That will be coming soon.

This would indicate that they haven't spent the last year, shutdown, writing rules. While I would agree they probably have more concrete plans than they did back then, I don't believe that is the full story. If they were given the green light, they would be sailing today. However, that's just not happening. 

The CDC just doesn't care if the cruise industry survives. They don't want that liability. Why should they care? Their job is to prevent the spread of COVID, not regulate entertainment.

9 hours ago, camarowesley said:

Have a May 5th Alaska cruise booked & haven't received a thing. I've been waiting on the cancellation email, but nothing yet. Kinda wish we'd hurry up & receive it so I can plan a land based vacation.

9 hours ago, camarowesley said:

We have a May Alaskan cruise booked & same here, radio silence from Carnival.

Alaskan Govt and Canadian officials are continuing discussions