No Viking Oceans Cruises until June?

Dukefan

In looking at the Viking Site this morning it appears all Cruises until June 2021 have been deleted.   Between June and September 19, 2021 it appears the only cruises available are in Europe.  On September 19 the first non-Europe cruise appears to be between Tokyo and Hong Kong (Far Eastern Horizons).   Hopefully with vaccines and other measures we all will be able to get back to cruising by the end of this year.   I for one sure miss it!!

Our May cruise is 'locked' in MVJ, which I am sure means it is cancelled, but no email confirmation as yet.

Also no news about what is happening with Eastern Seaboard Explorer in September. Canada banned all cruises until Feb 2022 a couple of weeks ago so I was hoping for something by now. Plainly the cruise can't go, so some communication would be good.

Unfortunately, even if we were all vaccinated, there are so few places to travel that can safely let us in. At best, Viking could do Transocean cruises but even that would be tough.

Worldwide vaccinations are at 2.25%. The US is at 16.11%.  The stats for our December Panama Canal cruise are sobering--Panama .29%.  Mexico .57%. Half of the ports have yet to begin mass vaccinations. As we learned this year with the record creation and production of the vaccines, a lot can happen in a short period of time. Let's hope for the safety of everyone and the opportunity to cruise some time this year.

RB

Edited by rbslos18

4 hours ago, old biddy said:

Our May cruise is 'locked' in MVJ, which I am sure means it is cancelled, but no email confirmation as yet.

Also no news about what is happening with Eastern Seaboard Explorer in September. Canada banned all cruises until Feb 2022 a couple of weeks ago so I was hoping for something by now. Plainly the cruise can't go, so some communication would be good.

All cruises in North America for 2021 including "Eastern Seaboard Explorer" are all showing "SOLD OUT" whatever that means except for the Panama Canal Cruises and the West Indies Cruises n November and December.

21 minutes ago, Dukefan said:

All cruises in North America for 2021 including "Eastern Seaboard Explorer" are all showing "SOLD OUT" whatever that means except for the Panama Canal Cruises and the West Indies Cruises n November and December.

The demand is there. Once it is safe, watch the prices jump!! 

RB