Hoping for a 2nd lift and shift. Odds?

bhoffman

We unfortunately had to lift and shift our Greek islands cruise out of Rome from August 2020 to August 2021. Now looking like that probably won’t be happening.  Anyone heard any rumblings if a second lift and shift may become an option? We have a great price and I hate to lose it....

13 minutes ago, bhoffman said:

We unfortunately had to lift and shift our Greek islands cruise out of Rome from August 2020 to August 2021. Now looking like that probably won’t be happening.  Anyone heard any rumblings if a second lift and shift may become an option? We have a great price and I hate to lose it....

Royal has started offering a modified lift and shift that is available for sailings that they cancel.

So far it is very restrictive with your option being limited to  +/- 1 week a year in the future on the same ship for the same length of itinerary.  In this case a second lift and shift is allowed.  I've already shifted my Alaska cruise a second time.

You will most likely have to make final payment before they cancel in order to take advantage of this

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2021 at 4:28 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal has started offering a modified lift and shift that is available for sailings that they cancel.

So far it is very restrictive with your option being limited to  +/- 1 week a year in the future on the same ship for the same length of itinerary.  In this case a second lift and shift is allowed.  I've already shifted my Alaska cruise a second time.

You will most likely have to make final payment before they cancel in order to take advantage of this

I just checked on my 4-night June 14 Mariner fantastic deal that was already lifted and shifted once - $701 for a corner aft balcony.  There are no Mariner 4-night sailings next June.  So, the way it seems it will be set up, I can start looking for something else to do with my $701?  That will obviously not include cruising as a possibility 😢.  

3 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I just checked on my 4-night June 14 Mariner fantastic deal that was already lifted and shifted once - $701 for a corner aft balcony.  There are no Mariner 4-night sailings next June.  So, the way it seems it will be set up, I can start looking for something else to do with my $701?  That will obviously not include cruising as a possibility 😢.  

I would wait and see what they come up with.  Since yours is a short sailing I suspect that you will receive cancellation notice before your final payment.

If the ship has been switched for another ship doing the same or similar itinerary I suspect that will be an option

Short itineraries get released this week.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Since yours is a short sailing I suspect that you will receive cancellation notice before your final payment.

Short itineraries get released this week.

Thank you, it looks like there is still hope.  I paid in full the day I booked this on 4/2/20.  It wasn’t a case of booking something cheap for the purpose of lifting and shifting, it was an excellent deal they offered at the beginning of this mess.  

• Like 1