Have you stayed in M718 or M719 on a Royal Class ship?

CineGraphic

I can't respond to this particular space but I had a room with the white space  next to me. That particular space had some kind of mechanicals or maybe computer systems.  I got vibrations from that room. I never book a room next to a blank, white space any more.

Sali

Since it’s directly behind the elevators, I would bet it’s some type of storage so that it can be moved on the elevators.  It’s quite large, so probably stuff that’s used frequently.  I would not book either of those cabins, but that’s just me......very picky about location!  Hopefully, someone who has actually stayed in these cabins will chime in.

Don't know about that space, but have been in both 727 & 726.  The space between them is the steward's closet.  Never had a problem with noise.  It's been awhile, but don't remember a door on that side of the hall.  There is a fire door there.

Edited by KreinKrunker

Hey CineGraphic. Always enjoy your posts.

Hope someone chimes in with direct experience, but no more interiors or aft for us. Vibration in aft cabins, Steward closet noise from 5 AM, and night-time working in space behind the walls can ruin your sleep.  Why risk it? We think the bargain on Royal class ships are L101-106 (DW.) Not much more $ than inside on our sailing.  Metal instead of glass on the balcony partially obstructs view and it's requested to keep balcony door closed at sea. 

Edited by mtnesterz
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mtnesterz said:

no more interiors or aft for us. Vibration in aft cabins, Steward closet noise from 5 AM, and night-time working in space behind the walls can ruin your sleep.  Why risk it?

We really enjoy far aft insides on the older ships, being just steps away from the aft pool & bar area. We have the same cabin booked for 4 future sailings, but we do have one sailing on the Majestic this November. We like being aft, but that white space bothered me, so we opted for one deck lower just to be safe. The added excercise of walking two flights of stairs when headed off to the buffet will help offset all of that cheesecake.

On 2/22/2021 at 1:53 PM, srpilo said:

We had M719 on the Regal in 2016 , and experienced nothing negative coming from that area.... Nice quiet location IMO

Thank you for the info. I realize that this was 5 years ago, but do you by chance recall what they were using that area for?

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Thank you for the info. I realize that this was 5 years ago, but do you by chance recall what they were using that area for?

Sorry, I even asked my wife, and we can't recall.

The positive is also we can't recall anything negative or otherwise about the cabin surroundings, and nothing about the adjoining area stands out in our memories. Once again, IMO a nice quiet area. 

• Thanks 1